Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  /

Ellery Queen

Ellery Queen Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

I loved Ellery Queen back in the '70s. However, I was just a kid and don't remember any of the shows. I just remember loving the show and trying to solve the crime b4 Ellery! Does anyone know where they are being shown (i.e. what cable channel), or where the videos are being sold?

The Watcher Note: Read more about Ellery Queen and his creators in the Mystery Time Line.

Please add to this discussion below!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (62 previous messages)
murat durmaz - 08:45am Oct 12, 2000 PST(#63 of 73)

Thank you Cynthia!! I know that Ellery Queen series are written by two American writers, but why do they change their pen name so much? I cannot understand this. Do all the novels written with the pen name, Ellery Queen contain the character Ellery Queen? Or are there some other which feature other detectives. You see I am a bit confused about that point. Do you know any web adress,where I can learn about such issues. I will be pleased if I can find a page containing all the titles(also with other pen names),also with some descriptions.

David Fields - 09:36am Mar 16, 2001 PST(#64 of 73)

Back in the early 80s, a radio station used to play "Ellory Queen's Minute Mysteries" as daily contests. They would play a prerecorded minute long mystery, allow a listener to attempt to slove it, and then play the prerecorded solution. Does anyone know where I could get these?

Miss USA - 08:18pm Mar 24, 2001 PST(#65 of 73)

David, I listened to these too! I'd check out eBay perhaps. Don't know if they have any tapes or such, but definitely worth checking there.

Caroline & Lynne - 05:21am Apr 4, 2001 PST(#66 of 73)

QED: The Jim Hutton/Ellery Queen Appreciation Society. Hi to all the EQ fans out there. We have already posted a message here but this is just to let anyone who is interested in joining our club know that we are still going strong. We are always looking for new members so we'd love to hear from you. Contact us at qed5h8@hotmail.com Cheers from OZ!

Magnus Klaue - 01:13pm Sep 29, 2002 PST(#67 of 73)

I love the Ellery Queen novels. I am from Germany, and during the last few years, a lot of EQ novels have been translated and published in the excellent Du Mont Verlag. Especially the early books are very good, with absolutely surprising solutions - and he always plays fair. The style is better than usual in these calssical whodunits. The VERY best book is THE GREEK COFFIN MYSTERY, you HAVE to read it, it's ingenious.

Anders Magnusson - 02:41pm Nov 30, 2002 PST(#68 of 73)

Ellery Queen is right up there with Agatha Christie in puzzle heaven.JD Carr fans and others will disagree no doubt,but AC and EQ are the best.I really thought that Ellery Queen still was really BIG in the US,afterall-someone once wrote that Ellery Queen IS the american detective novel! As far as intrigue,characterisations and clever solutions EQ stands out.Everyone who enjoys a good mystery should read "him"(the Dannay/Lee stories that is).True classics. Top ten Ellery Queen. 1.Cat With Many Tails 2.The Greek Coffin Mystery 3.The Murderer Is A Fox 4.The Chinese Orange Mystery 5.The Finishing Stroke 6.The Door Between 7.The Dutch Shoe Mystery 8.The Dragons Teeth 9.Ten Days Wonder 10.Halfway House

IŽll vouch for each and every story above.They are all CLASSICS in their own right!

john hillerman - 01:56pm May 19, 2008 PST(#69 of 73)

This 1975 show ran only one season (22 episodes plus the pilot), but it was way ahead of its time. Set in the 1940's, mystery writer Ellery Queen would help his father solve baffling murder cases.

john hillerman - 02:50am May 20, 2008 PST(#70 of 73)

go to this website to buy the dvds. http://www.thevintageplayhouse.com/Ellery_Queen_DVD_Limited_Edition_Set_p/vpeqltd.htm?Click=11321 ~good luck john hillerman

Liz H - 06:45pm Mar 5, 2009 PST(#71 of 73)

I'm trying to track down an Ellery Queen story, maybe novel, wherein the murderer uses a magnet to lock a wooden door behind him. Any leads on what work that's from? Or maybe it's another author? Just trying to find the source. Thanks!

Fran Hinkel - 05:42am Apr 9, 2009 PST(#72 of 73)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Two locked room mysteries I found are The Chinese Orange and The Door Between. It could be one of those, I would need more information to know for sure.

Chris Hansen - 07:06pm Oct 18, 2009 PST(#73 of 73)
Waterloo,Iowa

Dear Kristen: A great idea! In the years gone by since you posted your note, Timothy Hutton co-starred with Maury Chakin in A&E's Nero Wolfe Mysteries. It's not quite the tribute you suggested, but kind of cool, nonetheless. What do you think of Hutton's current TNT show, "Leverage"? Best always, Chris.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Ellery Queen

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: