Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  /

Ed McBain

Ed McBain Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Ed McBain/Evan Hunter has become best known for his bestselling 87th precinct series.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (94 previous messages)
Dianne Harbin - 10:51pm Feb 5, 2004 PST(#95 of 107)

I noticed in one of the Mathew Hope novels, that the town of Winfield, Alabama was repeatedly mentioned as being the hometown of the woman in the book. I'm just wondering if McBain as ever been to this town. I live there and he describes it perfectly as a small town where everyone knows everyone elses business. I'd love to know how he came to pick this town.

marlene abela - 06:10am Mar 19, 2004 PST(#96 of 107)

you clever man ed mcbain. you actually give your characters a soul even.looking forward to your next book.

Brian L.Kirke - 04:56am Mar 20, 2004 PST(#97 of 107)

Fat Ollie's Book -spoiled by a couple of errors. Henderson's wife would have had to be Annie Oakley to have killed him under the circumstances;, either that or a miracle. No suitcase would hold 150 Kilos of heroin, and if it did, Andy Parker would certainly not have been able to lift it. Slipshod from an author usually to punctillious.

Fran Hinkel - 02:29pm Aug 9, 2004 PST(#98 of 107)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

The Deaf Man returns!

Hark! The Deaf Man is a brilliant and meticulous criminal but when we last saw him in Mischief, he'd been double-crossed by his beautiful accomplice and left for dead. Now, he's back with a vengeance ... and a plan.

Mike Hargraft - 11:22am Feb 26, 2005 PST(#99 of 107)

I read Hark and it is a great book. The 87th series is good reading for all.

Mike Hargraft - 05:37am Mar 18, 2005 PST(#100 of 107)

If you people like good stories get some of these books and read them.

edgegbr - 12:29pm May 13, 2005 PST(#101 of 107)

The best there is out there...

Fran Hinkel - 11:44am Jul 8, 2005 PST(#102 of 107)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Evan Hunter, the author who, writing as Ed McBain, "virtually invented the American police procedural," according to The New York Times, died on July 6th at his home in Weston, Conn.

His works, which include books, film scripts, short stories, and more--all written under a variety of pseudonyms over a 50-year period--define the genre to this day.

p.shields - 02:23pm Jul 8, 2005 PST(#103 of 107)

Rest in peace Evan/Ed, your work will last forever.

SHASHI DHARAN - 08:08am Nov 25, 2007 PST(#104 of 107)

My favourite writer. Really terrific & realistic dialogue.Even minor characters have a soul. I love Fat Ollie.

Chris Hansen - 04:40pm Nov 7, 2009 PST(#105 of 107)
Waterloo,Iowa

Hello Melissa, I see this post is quite old, but I'm new to Mystery Net. I just read my first 87th Precinct novel, and really enjoyed it. I always try to cast the detectives in novels I read, so I was intriguied by your message. I would be extremely interested in your list of actors for the 87th Precinct. Would you mind printing it here? If not, please send me an e-mail at chris.hansen56@yahoo.com. My curiosity is definately piqued! Best regards, Chris.

Chris Hansen - 04:45pm Nov 7, 2009 PST(#106 of 107)
Waterloo,Iowa

Dear Fran, I just saw your post on the death of Evan Hunter. May he rest in peace. I would love to see an 87th Precinct television series, but I suppose that's too much to hope for. Best regards, Chris.

Chris Hansen - 04:51pm Nov 7, 2009 PST(#107 of 107)
Waterloo,Iowa

Hello Barbara, I will check the internet soon. I believe there was a 1960's series that had Robert Lansing as Steve, and Gena Rowlands as Teddy. I will check, and get back to you. Best regards, Chris.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Ed McBain

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: