Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  /

The Saint/Leslie Charteris

Leslie Charteris Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Leslie Charteris is the creater of Simon Templer, better known as The Saint, whose stories have thrilled generations, first as magazine stories, then brought to life via radio, television and movies.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (38 previous messages)
Hugh Drummond - 09:50am Feb 8, 2000 PST(#39 of 49)
" I have a criminal mind... I see bad in everyone," (Mr. J.G. Reeder)

A query from a collector (or rather, a representative of collectors). What is the official status of the Saint books that Charteris did not write?

HUD

Dan Bodenheimer - 08:03am Mar 13, 2000 PST(#40 of 49)

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but UPN is doing a new Saint series next season! I don't know who is going to be in it yet, but check out http://www.saint.org/rumors.htm for up-to-date information.

Ian Dickerson - 08:36am Mar 18, 2000 PST(#41 of 49)

"A query from a collector (or rather, a representative of collectors). What is the official status of the Saint books that Charteris did not write?"

There's only really one Saint book that Charteris did not have a hand in and that was "Capture the Saint" by Burl Barer (and published by The Saint Club).

All the later (1964 onwards) books were collaborations and Charteris made no secret of it. Some were adapted from TV scripts and then edited/polished by Charteris; others were original novels that Charteris commissioned and then edited/polished.

Best wishes,

Ian Dickerson, Honorary Secretary, The Saint Club

Hugh Drummond - 09:47am Mar 28, 2000 PST(#42 of 49)
" I have a criminal mind... I see bad in everyone," (Mr. J.G. Reeder)

It has recently been brought to my attention that some British editions of 'The Saint Intervenes' lacked the story 'The Noble Sportsman'. Can anyone tell me which editions, or even why?

HUD

Lance Goodridge - 10:38am Apr 25, 2000 PST(#43 of 49)

I watch most of the old Saint movies from the 30's/40's. Very enjoyable. I think George Sanders was better than Louis Heyward or Hugh Sinclair. Question - there have been a lot of Saint reprisals (series in the 60's, movie in the 90's, new series this year), why no Falcon remakes? Basically the same character.

Duncan Simms - 05:38pm Aug 27, 2000 PST(#44 of 49)

First time contribution to this list.

Am an enchanted and saintly soul, seeking Hodder & Stoughton 'Yellow Jacket' paperback editions of Charteris' novels and stories. Anywhere close (Northamptonshire) where I can obtain copies to complete my collection?

John Standish - 04:22am Dec 3, 2003 PST(#45 of 49)

Can anyone tell me which Saint Book has a long poem which begins:

'When Adam fell because of Eve Upon that fateful day He did not own up loud and strong And takes his licking with a song In our good English way.....'

It goes on for pages and is quite hilarious. I would really like to get hold of a copy of the book.

Many thanks

simonf - 07:17am Jan 20, 2004 PST(#46 of 49)

Ref the Saint Intervenes, the missing story is in fact The Uncritical Publisher. It can be found in US versions and the only reason I've heard it is mssing is in case anyone thought they could have a crack at UK publishers like that - not very convincing though.

Ref old books, try Abebooks.com for second hand finds.

G Arnon - 03:06pm Jan 30, 2004 PST(#47 of 49)

Re: John Standish Dec 3, 2003 - 4:22am

The poem that begins "When Adam fell because of Eve . . ." is in The Saint and Mr Teal.

nat wayne - 05:05pm Mar 16, 2004 PST(#48 of 49)

I love the Saint and am just wishing someone would make a movie about him, not one with a character that happens o share his name. nat

Chris Hansen - 02:13pm Oct 29, 2009 PST(#49 of 49)
Waterloo,Iowa

Hello All-- Sure looking forward to the new Geoffrey Moore production starring Dougray Scott as Simon. Hoping there are no snags this time. With luck, Mr.Templar will return in the fall of 2010! Are we excited yet? (Yes!!!!). Let's pas the time til then talking about our favorite moments. Who wants to begin? Best always, Chris. Watch for the sign of the Saint. He will be back.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / The Saint/Leslie Charteris

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: