Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  /

Berry, Steve

Further Investigation
Read First Chapter
Buy The Amber Room
About the Author
• Discuss Steve Berry
mystery online mysteries to read story
Ballantine Books Fall Mystery Books - Anne Perry Jonathan Kellerman Steve Berry
More Fall Mysteries
mystery online mysteries to read story

If Ian Fleming and Doris Kearns Goodwin had a lovechild, it would be Steve Berry, the bestselling author of The Emperorís Tomb, The Paris Vendetta, The Charlemagne Pursuit, The Venetian Betrayal, The Alexandra Link, The Templar Legacy, The Third Secret, The Romanov Prophecy and The Amber Room.

A fixture on the New York Times bestseller lists, Berry has been translated into 39 languages, and has more than 11,000,000 printed books, in 50 countries, worldwide.

Steve Berry was raised in Georgia and graduated from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University. His road to publication was a long one, a process that took him 12 years, 85 rejections, over five different manuscripts before he was able to sell a story. He credits the nuns who taught him in Catholic school with instilling the discipline needed to both craft a novel and find a publisher.

A devoted student of history, Berry is dedicated to researching his novels. In 2010 he and his wife, Elizabeth, founded History Matters -- a nonprofit organization dedicated to aiding the preservation of the fragile reminders of our past. Since then, they have traveled the world raising much-needed funds for a wide range of historic preservation projects. Berry is also extremely active in the writing community and is a former president and founding member of International Thriller Writers. His latest book is The Jefferson Key (Nov. 2011). Beginning with the attempted assassination of President Andrew Jackson, Berry takes his readers on another slalom course of thrills as he deftly combines suspense with solid historical fact. Former Justice Department operative, now Copenhagen bookseller, Cotton Malone, returns to the United States for his first domestic adventure. Along the way he battles an obscure clause in the Constitution, Thomas Jefferson's secret cipher, an old enemy out for revenge, and a cadre of modern day pirates firmly rooted in their buccaneer ways. North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C., New York City, and Nova Scotia form the backdrops for this continental adventure. The Jefferson Key is vintage Steve Berry. A rock and roll ride piloted by a proven master of the genre.

Post your comments and reviews of Steve Berry's novel: The Amber Room.

Berry's latest novel is The Emperor's Tomb

Read the Review for The Emperor's Tomb

Fran Hinkel - 07:02am Sep 22, 2003 PST(#1 of 4)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Read the first chapter of The Amber Room and enter a drawing to win a free copy.

http://www.MysteryNet.com/berry/

Please come back to discuss this author.

The Watcher - 08:14am Sep 30, 2003 PST(#2 of 4)

JUST ADDED: Steve Berry shares his thoughts about his new novel plus some background info on the development of the story and about the actual Amber Room itself, a missing international art treasure. Read the Interview with Steve Berry

Katt M. - 12:48pm Feb 24, 2004 PST(#3 of 4)

I just read "The Amber Room". It was a little predictable, but then it turned around and surprised me. So, all in all I would recommend this book. I'd never heard of the Amber Room (the real one), and to read the history of it was really interesting. The way the author presented the possible fate of it was very realistic.

stuart tielens - 10:53am May 6, 2004 PST(#4 of 4)

I think I have information on the amber room. I would like to talk to someone about this.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors A - B  / Berry, Steve

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: