Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  /

Cannell, Stephen J.

Emmy-award winning writer/creator/producer and bestselling author Stephen J. Cannell's latest book is King Con, an exciting thriller about a con artist and a beautiful prosecutor who join forces to take down Mafia kingpin. He created popular shows such as "The Rockford Files," "The Commish," "Wiseguy," "The A-Team" and "Silk Stalkings."

Post a comment and discuss his work here...

For further discussion on The Rockford Files, check HERE

To Buy Books by Stephan Cannell

click here

MysteryNet.com Books, in association with Amazon.com, offers book picks by this author and many more.

• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Read the Review for Three Shirt Deal

Read the Review for The Pallbearers

Don Corleone - 04:55pm Jun 5, 1998 PST(#1 of 8)

I just finished the paperback edition of King Con, and I really got a kick out of the con artist lifestyle. Too harrowing for me, though. But hearing about scams that work and why they work was fascinating. Sure, the story was light but I sure kept reading and didn't notice the time passing.

Recommended!

Rose Franklin - 12:00pm Jun 11, 1998 PST(#2 of 8)

I loved this book. If you have not read it run and get it!!!!

Tracy Norris - 02:31am Jan 19, 1999 PST(#3 of 8)

King Con wasn't bad, but I loved "Final Victim". It kept me right on the edge of my seat. A spine tingling read.

BobbyAnn Loper - 11:39am Aug 27, 2001 PST(#4 of 8)

I am reading The Tin Collectors and recommend it highly. The first half zooms, there is half a page where you can catch your breath as you think, "OK, it's going to be OK now." Then it takes off again. All of the behind the scenes police work and jargon is fresh and interesting.

ann thomas - 06:50am Jul 25, 2003 PST(#5 of 8)

Does anyone out there know which is Stephen J. Cannell's very FIRST book was? No one seems to know. Not even the library. This would be very appreciative.

Ann

Fran Hinkel - 07:48am Sep 1, 2004 PST(#6 of 8)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

It appears that The Plan, released in 1995 was the first book.

Fran Hinkel - 07:51am Sep 1, 2004 PST(#7 of 8)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Runaway Heart:

From the Publisher

"What would modern war be like if the front-line foot soldiers were not our sons and daughters, but genetically engineered animals with superhuman strength and speed, and just enough intelligence to understand commands and follow them blindly?" "This is exactly the weapon being developed at a base in the desert by a top-secret government agency."

"Attorney Herman Strockmire, a rumpled man with a very big but defective heart, champion of lost legal causes and the infuriating nemesis of giant corporate polluters, becomes involved when one of his employees is literally torn limb from limb by one of the experimental prototypes."

"At great personal risk, Herman, his beautiful daughter and law partner, Susan, and ex-LAPD detective Jack Wirta ignore all threats and plunge headlong into harm's way, finding themselves involved in a nightmare beyond anyone's wildest imagination." This science exists today. The future is now.

kirsten b - 10:43am Dec 22, 2010 PST(#8 of 8)

I have read all of the Shane Scully books and highly recommend them.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  / Cannell, Stephen J.

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: