Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors G - I  /

Hager, Jean (B&B series)

Jean Hager Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Teacher and author of numerous novels, including three mystery series, Jean Hager grew up in Pawnee, Oklahoma and attended Oklahoma State University. She earned an English degree and a teaching certificate from the University of Central Oklahoma.

Please discuss her work below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (2 previous messages)
Jean DeGrazia - 06:34pm Feb 6, 1999 PST(#3 of 16)

I like her books. So far I have only read her Mitch Bushyhead and her Molly Bearpaw books, both Cherokee Nation mysteries. I will have to look for these B&B books.

Cabiri - 02:45pm Apr 15, 1999 PST(#4 of 16)
Canada

Just popping in here with a question.

I haven't read any Jean Hager, and I was wondering what exactly the "B&B series" is--i.e. what's the premise behind these books? (I don't think anyone mentioned that, did they?..)

Marsha Francis - 07:55pm Apr 19, 1999 PST(#5 of 16)

Cabiri, the B&B series is set in a Bed-and-Breakfast called Iris House, and each room is named after a famous Iris. Unlike her other series, there is no Cherokee connection here. The series is well-written and the characters believable. Check them out - the first is called Blooming Murder. By the way, there's a bonus - excellent recipes!!

Cabiri - 04:21pm Apr 21, 1999 PST(#6 of 16)
Canada

Thanks for the info!

Denise Walker - 12:23pm Mar 13, 2000 PST(#7 of 16)

Where does the B & B books take place and what is the first book ?

Fran Hinkel - 01:33pm Dec 19, 2000 PST(#8 of 16)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Blooming Murder (1994). Dead and Buried (1995), Death on a Drunkardıs Path (1996), The Last Noel (1997), Sew Deadly (1998), Weigh Dead (1999). The setting is Victoria Springs, Missouri.

stikeforce - 03:36pm Mar 18, 2001 PST(#9 of 16)
"It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

just discovered her. i like these alot. I especially like Gert & Nedra. These are NICE people!

Donna Verna - 11:15am Feb 21, 2002 PST(#10 of 16)

Does anyone know what's going on with the Iris House series? There hasn't been a book out in over a year.

James Haviland - 07:47am Feb 25, 2002 PST(#11 of 16)

Yes, Donna. I have been wondering that myself. Jean Hager seems to be an unusual author in that I have had a great deal of difficulty obtaining her books, and much of her work is already out of print despite not being more than a few years old. As well, many web sites that refer to her are really out of date. I would love to know what is going on.

Donna Verna - 09:50am May 1, 2002 PST(#12 of 16)

I check Amazon.com every month or so. It's very good at listing books to be published. Still, there's nothing new for Jean Hager and she doesn't seem to have a website.

Canadian Fan - 07:19am Aug 20, 2002 PST(#13 of 16)

I have been told that British and German publishers have taken over the American publisihing scene and a lot of good authors, like Jean Hager, were just simply cancelled as part of their housecleaning! If this is true, they should be taken to task for it!!!!

Susan Crowson - 04:50pm Oct 28, 2005 PST(#14 of 16)

Would love to know if anyone has any recent info about a new B&B mystery by Jean Hager? Latest info posted is from 2002.

Fran Hinkel - 07:16am Nov 21, 2005 PST(#15 of 16)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

From what I can tell, she was contracted up to the 7th book in the B&B series. She said she would like to continue that series, but I don't see anything new yet.

Jane Messex - 04:40pm Mar 22, 2007 PST(#16 of 16)

What has happened to Jean Hager? She hasn't had a book out in almost seven years?

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors G - I  / Hager, Jean (B&B series)

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: