Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors M - O  /

Munger, Katy

Katy Munger Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Shamus nominee Katy Munger writes smart, comic mysteries featuring wise-cracking North Carolina investigator Casey Jones, an in-your-face woman of the New South. In Legwork, Jones is bold, bad, and, most of all, nobody's fool. Her adventures continue in Out of Time, Money to Burn, and Bad to the Bone.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Munger moved to North Carolina at an early age, where she took careful notes on her sociable parents and friends. She earned a degree in creative writing at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Like her sleuth, Munger lives in Durham, North Carolina.

Please discuss her mysteries below.

Greg Schultz - 05:54pm Jun 28, 1999 PST(#1 of 8)

Always like reading about a strong female character, and this author really delivers.

Maureen Nimmo - 04:31pm Jul 15, 1999 PST(#2 of 8)

I just finished Money to Burn by Katy Munger. Casey Jones is an amusing and interesting female character who proves woman can be sexy and large. I have also read Out of Time by the same author and am looking forward to her next book.

Julia Hann - 11:29pm Jul 29, 1999 PST(#3 of 8)

I recently had the opportunity to meet Katy at a signing in NC. She's a wonderful lady who writes great books that deserve to be best sellers. And she really cares about her readers.

I read Legwork and Out of Time back to back in one sitting! And I camped out at the book store waiting on my copy of Money to Burn.

Her next book, Bad to the Bone will be out in June of 2000.

Tama - 08:11pm Nov 13, 1999 PST(#4 of 8)

Just 'discovered' Katy Munger and devoured the Casey Jones books as fast as I could get my mitts on them. Don't miss Katy's earlier books (writing as Gallagher Gray). They are equally wonderful, though not as sassy as the Casey books. I'm hoping, but doubting that they'll hold me until June 2000 when the next installment of Casey comes out.

SP fan - 11:18pm Apr 1, 2000 PST(#5 of 8)

I just recently discovered Katy Munger's books. I REALLY like Casey Jones -- what a NEAT woman! I eagerly look forward to her next book. Trouble is, we can read 'em MUCH faster than she can WRITE 'em!!

Katarina Rundgren - 04:57am May 8, 2000 PST(#6 of 8)
A stranger is a friend you have yet to meet

Over the past week I've devoured "Legwork", "Out of time" and "Money to burn" and I can't wait until Katy Munger has another Casey Jones book out. The plots are clever and interesting. I like the way Katy munger describes people and places, I really want to go visit North Carolina. The characters are also believable without being bland. I adore Casey Jones. And I frequently found myself laughing out loud while reading these books.

Katarina Rundgren - 01:01am Jun 14, 2001 PST(#7 of 8)
A stranger is a friend you have yet to meet

Finished "Better off dead" last night and it's every bit as good as the other Casey Jones books.

I didn't laugh out loud as often as in the others though, but the language and imagery is still wonderful. And the plot was great in this book. Just complicated enough to lead me on a few wild goose chases but not so that it made me feel stupid.

This is also the scariest Casey Jones book so far. There were several times when I was holding my breath and reading as fast as I could hoping everything would be alright.

robyn clark - 04:56pm Jul 11, 2001 PST(#8 of 8)

I like overweight women charaters best.I read KATY'S.If you know of any to write me mrs.piggy7@juno.com

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors M - O  / Munger, Katy

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: