Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors P - R  /

Parry, Owen

Owen Parry Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
If you enjoy historical mysteries such as The Alienest, you will probably enjoy Faded Coat of Blue. A colorful, scrupulous and unassuming sleuth named Abel Jones is the protagonist of this solid historical thriller set during the opening months of the Civil War. The who-done-it is intriguing and filled with twists and turns.

Please discuss this author below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (3 previous messages)
Phyllis Pena - 04:18pm Mar 9, 2002 PST(#4 of 16)

I just finished the first three books by Owen Parry and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Mr. Parry has a firm grasp on the 19th century - his descriptions of Washington D.C. are so vivid that I actually could see and smell our nation's capitol at that crucial time in the history of the U.S. And his hero is delightful - he is a true Welshman (except for his dislike of anything alcoholic - my great-grandparents came from Wales, and both my g-grandfather and grandfather and all his brothers were hearty imbibers!). I can't wait for his next book. When will it be out?

K Waslov - 04:10pm Apr 3, 2002 PST(#5 of 16)

WHO IS OWEN PARRY?

C L Steele - 10:46am Nov 7, 2002 PST(#6 of 16)

Seriously, folks, who is Owen Parry? This is the only site where I have been able to find any information on Mr. Parry other than the cryptic bios that accompany the books themselves. I have heard that he is an established author and that "Owen Parry" is just a nom de plume. Any other information out there?

Judy Jones Malick - 12:11pm Dec 15, 2002 PST(#7 of 16)

I have read all four of the Abel Jones books and really enjoyed them. As a native of Pottsville, Pa, who lived one street away from Abel's house and had the maiden name of Jones, I could not help but become intrigued by this author. I also like to solve litttle mysteries so I went looking for Owen Parry and found Ralph Peters, a former Schuylkill Haven, PA resident and author of other works under his own name. I understand there is a book about the "Molly Maguires" coming and a collection of short stories set coming. I hope he hurries.

Karen Perez-Yoder - 06:10pm Mar 15, 2003 PST(#8 of 16)

I've read all the Owen Parry books and then passed them to my mother who loved them too. When is the fifth on coming out titled; THE BOLD SONS OF ERIN ?

Ken Hansgen - 09:30am Feb 15, 2004 PST(#9 of 16)

I am a professional private guide at Shiloh, and have researched the battle and its times exhaustively. Just came upon Parry's "Call Each River Jordan" accidentally and consider it the best and most graphic description of a soldier's-eye view of the battle I have ever seen. Mr. Parry certainly did his homework well and has a fantastic way with the word! Now I'll be looking for his other CW books.

Fred Fenton - 12:28pm Mar 13, 2006 PST(#10 of 16)

I have read the first three Owen Parry novels and have three more on the shelf waiting to be read.

I think Owen Parry is amazing. He has a fierce imagination, historically disciplined thinking, and a rare gift with language.

pete tollens - 01:44pm Jul 25, 2007 PST(#11 of 16)

Just finished Rebels of Babylon. What a fun read! Owen has New Orleans pegged. Just purchased Faded Coat of Blue and Shadows of Glory. I love the dedication of Faded Coat of Blue, "To the Welsh, Scots, and Irish who built America while the English weren't looking". Amazingly true in the States and everywhere else in the world the Brit's have had their hands on.

Matthew Wilson - 07:21pm Apr 17, 2008 PST(#12 of 16)

Does anyone out there know when the next Abel Jones novel will be published? I searched the net and even tried the publisher and have had no luck. If Rebels of Babylon is to be the last, I guess it would be nice to know. Please help. Thanks.

Fran Hinkel - 02:30am May 18, 2008 PST(#13 of 16)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I don't see anything on the horizon for Abel Jones. Readers may know that Parry is the pseudonym for Ralph Peters. You may be interested in reading some of his novels.

james major - 06:39pm May 10, 2011 PST(#14 of 16)

Has anyone heard or read anything regarding future owen parry/abel jones novels?

Jerry Koonce - 01:36pm Jun 20, 2011 PST(#15 of 16)

Has anyone had any luck finding out more about Abel Jones novels?

Cathy Rowland - 06:35am Sep 26, 2012 PST(#16 of 16)

Are there going to ber any more books on Abel Jones? I sure hoipe so. They are a lot of ffuun to read. They always ,ake you wonder what kind of a mess he and Barnaby B. Barnaby are going to get into. Please hurry getting a new book out. Cathy Rowland

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors P - R  / Parry, Owen

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: