Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  /

Ellery Queen

Ellery Queen Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

I loved Ellery Queen back in the '70s. However, I was just a kid and don't remember any of the shows. I just remember loving the show and trying to solve the crime b4 Ellery! Does anyone know where they are being shown (i.e. what cable channel), or where the videos are being sold?

The Watcher Note: Read more about Ellery Queen and his creators in the Mystery Time Line.

Please add to this discussion below!

Marty Kledzik - 09:27pm Jul 15, 1997 PST(#1 of 73)

I too am an Ellery fan, but mostly the radio dramas of the 40's-50's. They are easily found and great listening, especially on long trips.

Linda L Gillelan - 10:20pm Jul 20, 1997 PST(#2 of 73)

Where do you find them? I haven't been able to.

Robert Nelson - 11:52pm Jul 21, 1997 PST(#3 of 73)

I also would like to know when and where to find ellory queen on the radio. public radio perhaps?

Jill Gregg - 07:08pm Jul 26, 1997 PST(#4 of 73)

HELP! I am a big fan of everything ellery, especially the short stories and the Jim Hutton Series. I have all the episodes on tape except the pilot movie "Too Many Suspects" Any ideas on where I can get my hands on a copy? Please Help!!

Robert Nelson - 06:23pm Jul 27, 1997 PST(#5 of 73)

jill.

actually i dont have ANY of ellory queen on video. where did you get all the others?

The Watcher - 03:21pm Aug 3, 1997 PST(#6 of 73)

This message moved by The Watcher:

Would anybody know if the old Ellery Queen episodes are ever shown? I watched them as a kid and loved them.

Ginette

Robert Nelson - 06:40pm Aug 5, 1997 PST(#7 of 73)

to the watcher and all other ellory fans:

someone recently told me that ellory queen is being shown on encore. but i havent been able to find them. perhaps on encores mystery channel (which i dont get). if someone ever sees where ellory is being shown, could they please let me know??? thanks

rob

Jill Gregg - 12:47am Aug 6, 1997 PST(#8 of 73)

Several people have requested info on the Jim Hutton "Ellery Queen" series and where it is being shown. Several years back it was being shown on A & E but I have been told that it is now showing on Encore's Mystery Channel. I can't get Encore so I don't know if this is true but have heard it from more than one source.

Cary Green - 12:26pm Aug 6, 1997 PST(#9 of 73)

I just checked the listings on the Mysteries on TV site and do not see Ellery Queen listed at all. Since the listings are very complete, I assume that means it is not on at all.

-Cary

Jim McGorry - 11:10pm Aug 15, 1997 PST(#10 of 73)

Jill Gregg is right about being shown on A&E. I don't have Encore but it is listed in my cable listing booklet and I checked and could not find any listing for the show. EQ was written by Fredrick Danay and Manfred Lee, I believe. They also wrote about another detective but for the life of me I can't remember either the pseudonym auther's name or the detective. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jill Gregg - 11:32am Aug 17, 1997 PST(#11 of 73)

The other books were the Drury Lane series under the name Barnaby Ross. There were 4, "the Mystery of X(1), Y(2), Z(3) and "Drury Lanes Last Case"

The Watcher - 04:44pm Aug 23, 1997 PST(#12 of 73)

Ellery Queen: The Adventure of the Lover's Leap is on Friday, Sep 5, 3:07am on Encore Mystery. Here's a short synopsis: A wealthy woman is murdered in the same manner as a character in one of Ellery's mystery novels. Check Listings for more Ellery Queen shows.

Jay Shu - 08:23am Sep 9, 1997 PST(#13 of 73)

I would like to collect all the dectective stories (33 books) written by EQ, however, I could not find it in Australia. I would appreciate if anyone can help me to source them. My E-mail address: jms@world.net

Thanks very much.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (60 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Ellery Queen

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: