Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors E - F  /

Francis, Dick

Dick Francis Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Dick Francis' first book was an autobiography, Sport of Queens, published in 1957, detailing his career as a jockey. Since then, of course, he's had an extraordinary second career as a novelist, winning both a Poe and Gold Dagger Award.

Discuss his work below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (73 previous messages)
Rik Shepherd - 02:34pm Aug 20, 2001 PST(#74 of 82)
Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise (Margaret Atwood)

Carol -

Ex-directory just means your phone number isn't listed in the phonebook or available via directory inquiries, because you've paid to have it kept secret.

J R Daniel - 06:48pm Oct 9, 2001 PST(#75 of 82)

Has Dick Francis written a new book since Shattered? cannot find any info since that one...usually a new one comes out in OCtober...Thanks...

June-Marie Avery - 10:18pm Oct 9, 2001 PST(#76 of 82)

JR - I've checked everywhere -- gone to the Putnam site and to Amazon.com without finding anything out about a new book. I usually "give it to myself for my birthday" in October every year, but haven't been able to find out anything about a new book.

Nancy K. Jentsch - 06:50am Oct 13, 2001 PST(#77 of 82)

Dick Fancis has "retired." His wife died last September, and her assistance and research were a big part of his books. I had a letter from him recently and he said he planned to write no more books. A pity!

T Johnson - 05:21pm Oct 18, 2001 PST(#78 of 82)

Nancy K. Figured such was the case with Mr. Francis. However for those of us just finding his books, it is even now a beginning. There will always be someone reading a Francis book for the first time. Ive posted the following opinion in other areas, that while his novels have the "indiscretions" of mysteries, they always seem to be handled in a "discreet" way. Should you speak to him, wish him well, I look forward to a long association with his work.

Keith Butler - 07:26pm Dec 24, 2001 PST(#79 of 82)

It is truly unfortunate if DF does not write another book. I would be given his new novel each Christmas and it was always the most appreciated present. I believe I understand why he will no longer write but maybe we could try to dissaude him from retirement? I would also like to wish him well.

Matt Condon - 11:19am Jan 10, 2002 PST(#80 of 82)

I would also receive the latest Francis' mystery each Christmas, and it was sorely missed this year. Mr. Francis has my deepest sympathy and I thank him for his and his wife's great work over the years! Cheers and best wishes.

Debbie Moody - 08:24pm Jan 24, 2002 PST(#81 of 82)

I always got the new book for Christmas and I really missed it this year. I would like to extend my sympathy to Mr. Francis and also wish that he would reconsider and write more books as no-one writes like he does.

Sean Everton - 05:12pm Aug 22, 2002 PST(#82 of 82)

I hope Mr. Francis reconsiders his retirement as well. I've read all of his books, and have started reading them again, but I would surely like to see a new one hit the shelves in the future.

Sean

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors E - F  / Francis, Dick

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: