•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Go  /

The Post-n-Go FAQ

Stevie B - 09:05am Mar 23, 2004 PST
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

1 How do I play the Regular Post -n- Go games?
2 How do I play the Voting Post -n- Go Games?
3 How do I host the Voting Post -n- Go Games?
4 How do I post in bold or italics? Are there any other effects I can use?
5 All the text has come out on one line, but I know I pressed enter each time!
6 How do I vote in white? And how can I read the votes to tally them afterwards?
7 There is a draw in the Post -n- Go game that Im hosting - who has won?
8 Somethings come up and I cant carry on hosting this Voting Post -n- Go game. What should I do?
9 I have an idea for a game. Can I post it, please?
10 Im the host of a Post -n- Go game. Can I post an entry or vote in it?
11 Hardly anyone has entered my game, and it is time for voting! What should I do?
12 It looks like a game is falling behind schedule. What should be done?
13 Im not entirely happy with something in Post -n- Go. What should I do?
14 My post has disappeared!
15 What exactly is this Bonus Question game all about?

Please Note: Please do not post in this discussion. Any unauthorised posts will be deleted - sorry! If you have any questions or comments, please post them here

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (8 previous messages)
Stevie B - 09:19am Mar 23, 2004 PST(#9 of 15)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

9 I have an idea for a game. Can I post it, please?

There are a few ways to go about getting your game created. The original way (which you can still do) was by posting your idea in Post-n- Go Comments to see if anyone would be interested in playing. If they are, then email your suggested header text to Caeraerie, and he will put your header into the standard format for Post and Go games. Don't worry, you will be credited with the game.

Not all game ideas are accepted though, so please don't be disheartened if your idea is turned down. It may be for any number of reasons. The main reasons for games not being accepted are:

# A game like this has been tried before, but ultimately didn't work
# The game will be too complicated to play
# The game didn't generate enough interest
# The game may be better suited to another part of Mystery Net, in which case you'll be advised how to get your game there.

But if it didn't become a permanent P&G game, don't worry, as there is still a way to get it played...

Nowadays, the preferred route to trialling a game is to use the Post n Go Old n New area. If a game becomes popular, then a discussion is set up in POST n GO COMMENTS to decide if it is a keeper or not. In fact, you can use Old n New for one-off games, even if there is no intention to keep the game afterwards.

If posting in Old n New, there is no need to run your idea past me or anyone else - just post it when it's your turn to host. See the blurb at the top of Post n Go Old n New for full details.

All games that get posted in Old n New will then get added to The Games Pool if it is different enough from all other games on there. One of the MN Moderators will come along later and modify your post to get it into the same format as the others, including adding the appropriate HTML tags - so you don't need to worry about doing that. The header will also be updated to include a link to your game.

Anyone can add a game to The Games Pool. You don't need to play it in Old n New first; just add it!

Stevie B - 09:21am Mar 23, 2004 PST(#10 of 15)

10 I'm the host of a Post -n- Go game. Can I post an entry or vote in it?

Please note that the following applies to all of the games in Voting Post-n-Go except The List

There are no restrictions on you voting in your own game (except of course that you can't vote for your own entry - but then again, no one can vote for themselves!). However, please can you bear a few things in mind when posting your entry?

Firstly, please don't post your entry straight away. If at all possible, wait until just before you call for votes before you post your entry. However, if entries are slow in your game, it is acceptable to post your entry earlier to try and get more entries.

The other thing to bear in mind is that you can't be a winner more than twice in a row - you need to give someone else a chance. So, if you are hosting a game for a second week, feel free to post your suggestions, but can you please add a line to the post "Not for voting"? Thanks.

Stevie B - 09:21am Mar 23, 2004 PST(#11 of 15)

11 Hardly anyone has entered my game, and it is time for voting! What should I do?

Try and delay the call for voting as long as possible, but post a message in the game along the lines of "Last call for entries!". The accepted minimum number of entries is three. If you have less than that, then the game needs to carry over to the next week. If you decide that you want to do that, then please post a message in your game and in POST -N- GO COMMENTS that your game is carrying over for one more week. During the next week, you may need to post the occasional reminder for more entries.

At the end of the second week, regardless of the number of entries, voting must be called. If there aren't enough entries after two weeks, then a third week will make no difference.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (4 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Go  / The Post-n-Go FAQ

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: