•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Go  /

Post n Go Old n New

Stevie B - 03:42am Apr 30, 2006 PST
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

Set up: This is a little different from the normal Post and Go games. This area is used for trying new game ideas, or for playing one-time games that don't really fit into any of the current ones.

Here are a few guidelines for how to use this area:
1. Only one game to be played at a time. If you have a fun idea, be patient, you'll get your turn.
2. For any game, all the usual P&G guidelines apply (see the P&G FAQ), unless otherwise stated by the host. The only exception to this is that the person who (in the case of a voting game) wins the the game is not obliged to set the next game, although they have first refusal to do so. If you choose not to post the next game, please say so. If no new game is posted within 2 days, the turn is automatically open to anyone.
3. As a host, clearly indicate whether your game is just a one-timer or an idea for a new P&G game. Explain in detail how the game should be played like is done in the header of all other games. If you repeat the previous game, also repost the rules in full.
4. Depending on the popularity of an idea for a new game, it may become a regular game in the Post and Go folder. While playing, host and players can discuss the new game and possible changes of the header in POST-n-GO COMMENTS. The next host(s) could choose to make a similar game that takes the suggestions into account. After a few "try-outs" this can result in a good final header for a new game.
5. Be aware that the intention is not to increase the current number of P&G games. Adding a new game will most likely mean archiving a less popular one. Bringing up new ideas can be fun, but it never hurts to be selective.
6. With Voting games, it might not always be possible to follow the schedule used with the rest of the voting games. With this in mind, it is recommended that the game schedule is controlled by the current host. The host must state when voting will be called, and when the voting will be tallied. Please note: If the game is falling behind the schedule set by the host, then anyone can jump in and move it along.

If you're stuck for ideas why not have a look at the list of games in The Games Pool? If you've played or created a game here and you've enjoyed it, why not add it to The Games Pool?

If you have questions regarding hosting and posting, check out the FAQ. Have fun!

Current Old n New Game

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (177 previous messages)
rb2112br - 05:20am Aug 7, 2006 PST(#178 of 1085)

You're right, I meant to add that in my post.

wondering - 06:44am Aug 7, 2006 PST(#179 of 1085)
We all lose our minds occasionally. Mine wandered off last month, and still hasn't come back.

Punorama!

In this game (inspired by the game by the BBC game of the same name), I will give you a short news story. Your task? To write a punny headline that a newspaper editor would use if they ran the story.

Today's topic:

A German scientist has been testing an "anti-stupidity" pill with encouraging results on mice and fruit flies, Bild newspaper reported on Saturday.

DeeGee - 11:31am Aug 7, 2006 PST(#180 of 1085)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

No flies on fruit, only the mice where they've been.

Voit sprung mouse, flies technique.

wondering - 10:54am Aug 11, 2006 PST(#181 of 1085)
We all lose our minds occasionally. Mine wandered off last month, and still hasn't come back.

this will carry over - but lets have some more entries please. With this group I'm sure there are lots more clever "anti-stupidity" headlines ....

Raeboy - 10:51am Aug 12, 2006 PST(#182 of 1085)

Mouse and fly too smart for traps and can't be caught. Pandemic imminent!

Joy Gold - 04:04pm Aug 12, 2006 PST(#183 of 1085)

A Fruitfly Can Take Pills!

Scientists Arrested for Making Vermin Harder to Destroy

_Jersey_Girl_ - 04:07pm Aug 12, 2006 PST(#184 of 1085)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

Housecat Brought In to Contain Scientific Research Gone Awry: "Intelligent" Mice and Fruitflies Outsmart Their Creators

Rose Rosy - 04:01am Aug 15, 2006 PST(#185 of 1085)
Jump! Then grow wings on the way down.

Exterminators' Salaries Rise Due to Risky Work Conditions

Stevie B - 08:59am Sep 19, 2006 PST(#186 of 1085)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

quiet in here....

wondering - 09:08am Sep 19, 2006 PST(#187 of 1085)

WOW - I completely lost track of this ... although I was wondering about it a couple weeks ago ...

ok - lets vote on this - which one had the best headline for this story?

Rose Rosy - 11:42pm Sep 19, 2006 PST(#188 of 1085)
Jump! Then grow wings on the way down.

Joy Gold :-)

Aggie - 06:49am Sep 20, 2006 PST(#189 of 1085)
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ee cummings

Joy

Joy Gold - 02:09pm Sep 20, 2006 PST(#190 of 1085)

Rose

_Jersey_Girl_ - 06:15pm Sep 20, 2006 PST(#191 of 1085)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

Joy

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (894 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Go  / Post n Go Old n New

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: