•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Teasers by Members  /

Teaser Announcements

Various things come up from time to time that pertain only to Teasers but that I would like people to know about. If I am in need of an emergency Teaser Master, for example, this is the discussion I would use to find one. You can also post your own announcements in here that pertain only to the Teaser section. Other announcements would still be posted in the Social Lounge > Information Area > Announcements.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (139 previous messages)
Ze Moi - 04:10pm Mar 26, 2001 PST(#140 of 1060)
"I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me." --Tool

;)

sassi - 07:08pm Mar 26, 2001 PST(#141 of 1060)
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

((((((SULTRY)))))))

THAT WAS TERRIFIC!!!!!!!

State O. Grace - 02:10pm Mar 27, 2001 PST(#142 of 1060)
They say I'm crazy but I have a good time; I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime; Life's been good to me so far. (Eagles)

First helplessly drawn adsmitten teaserite! LOL!

Sultry Brunette - 08:17pm Mar 27, 2001 PST(#143 of 1060)
~It is better to be hated for who you are, than liked for who you are not~

;o) (((((Ze)))))

(((((Sassi)))))

(((((Gracie)))))

I'm trying!! :o)

kirsten b - 08:22pm Mar 27, 2001 PST(#144 of 1060)

I have posted in a few teasers for you/.

Sultry Brunette - 08:34pm Mar 27, 2001 PST(#145 of 1060)

(((((kirsten))))) Yay!!! :o)

Sultry Brunette - 09:02pm Mar 27, 2001 PST(#146 of 1060)

I announce some rule/guideline changes for our Classic Teaser section. Hopefully these changes (among others we are still working on - so check back) will make Teasers more fun and bring players back to this area. The following things are now being implemented:

1- Only ONE new teaser will be posted each week until such time that we have enough activity and submissions to warrant more. EVERY TUESDAY (if there is a submission to put up) Fran will post a new Teaser for play. So mark your calendar folks! TUESDAY IS TEASER DAY!!!

The following are changes to TM guidelines:

• All teaser headers must contain more information than a generic one or two line statment. Example: "He died. What happened?" will not be acceptable. However, "Jerry went out for his typical walk as he did every Saturday. He smiled at a pretty woman before the most unexpected thing happened. When the police arrived they found Jerry dead on the sidewalk and no one around.... what happened to Jerry?" might be.

A Teaser is just that.. a teaser. It should be intriguing enough to make the reader want to find out what happened or how something happened. Not just a "boring" non-informational statement. If you have used these types of headers in the past, do not think you are being targeted. In fact I had started to use some of those types also... so this is not a finger pointing rule. :o)

• If you forget and send in a smaller header, you need help formulating one without giving away everything, or if Fran or I email you asking for a more detailed one than you sent, please do not take offense. I am more than willing to help you compose one if you need help, and Fran's goal and mine is to reinvigorate Teasers, nothing else. :o) However final say on whether it contains enough info is up to Fran or I. Our new goal is NOT the "longest running teaser" but the most FUN and ACTIVE teaser!

• As before, TMs must return at least every other day to answer questions. I have let this slide occasionally but unfortunately I will not be able to anymore. I understand there may be extenuating circumstances (new job, hectic project, illness, trip) that prevent this and in these cases please email me and either I or you will find a co-TM. However if I have to email you more than once to remind you to come back, then you will need to ask for a co-TM regardless of circumstances. Several players have complained that they have to wait days for answers in some teasers and that's why they don't return. Please, let's fix this. :o)

• If your teaser lags more than 2 days without a question post the TM needs to post a recap or point out a recent one. Also if participation continues to lag, the TM will need to post hints and yes, even some "answers" to reinvigorate the Teaser. Such as, "Ok guys, I'll give you some help. Jerry's head was bleeding while he was laying on the street. Now, why?"

• I'll have all of the solutions to the Teasers so I'll be helping ya'll keep an eye on things (no, not helping with answering, just observing). Don't be surprised or offended if you get an occasional email from me making a suggestion about your teaser. :o)

• This last thing is what I hope never happens again. If your teaser lags to the point of non-participation for days on end, and no amount of begging/hinting helps reinvigorate it, you will be asked to post your solution. :o( Let's hope it's not necessary... but I've now told everyone this up front so no one will have need to believe I'm playing favorites.

That's about all for now!! Let's hope these help! NOW GO PLAY!! :o)

• sassi - 12:23am Mar 28, 2001 PST(#147 of 1060)
    I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Sultry,

It all sounds fair to me. I think its all workable. Let's hope it picks things up.

Thanks again to both you and Fran. Really appreciate this!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (913 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Teasers by Members  / Teaser Announcements

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: