•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Teasers by Members  /

Teaser Announcements

Various things come up from time to time that pertain only to Teasers but that I would like people to know about. If I am in need of an emergency Teaser Master, for example, this is the discussion I would use to find one. You can also post your own announcements in here that pertain only to the Teaser section. Other announcements would still be posted in the Social Lounge > Information Area > Announcements.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (180 previous messages)
Tuppence Beresford - 06:15pm Jun 21, 2001 PST(#181 of 1060)
The higher the pedestal you put someone on, the farther you grow from them

If necessary, I can write some more teasers and send them in. I hope you got the other one I sent, Fran

(((((((Fran)))))))

Fran Hinkel - 08:51am Jun 22, 2001 PST(#182 of 1060)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I currently have only 5 teasers left to be posted. If people want to see the Teaser section pick up they will have to start participating in hosting, not just guessing. I try to put up one new (at least) teaser a week. Sometimes I can't do it on Tuesday, but I try to get one up some time that week.

It doesn't help me really, to have one person send me 5 teasers. I need 5 people to send me one teaser! I know I am working less but the teaser people are the ones who have to keep this alive, not me or Sultry. With so few teasers I have to try to spread them out.

So, right now I could put up 5 new teasers, but then what would you have next week?

There is a wealth of material available on the internet to make a teaser - you don't have to come up with a story yourself.

I can't answer to the other areas that are put up by the office - I know there has not been much traffic -even without the MP going on- in the Solve It, etc. Maybe they are gathering some new material.

Atanua- 8^) - 09:06am Jun 22, 2001 PST(#183 of 1060)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

Thanks for the info Fran. Please ask for new teasers here if you're running out. I'm sure people will offer to host if necessary. And like I said before: Anyone needing a teaser can e-mail me. Don't let this part of the site go down!!!

Sunnybrook - 09:09am Jun 22, 2001 PST(#184 of 1060)
If all I wanted was attention, I'd be naked.

I am rumaging through my teaser library... will have one sent to you soon..

babypunkin :o) - 11:27am Jun 22, 2001 PST(#185 of 1060)
We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect.-- Sorilea (Wise One from WOT) in "Lord of Chaos"

I'll send you all the teasers I have Fran. I can host them or you can designate if people want to host but don't have a teaser.

sassi - 04:06pm Jun 22, 2001 PST(#186 of 1060)
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Hello,

I think the slow-down is due to the summer months. I saw this before in MN, it slows down generally in the summer and picks up in the winter. :0)

I haven't hosted a teaser for a very long time as I'm on the net at such random times, its hard. I could help out as a cohost and as Fran mentioned, its not hard to find teaser material.

I just do not have the time to host my own and playing, if I miss several days, its not a problem. As a host, its a major problem.

Anyhow, as I mentioned, slow down is probably due to the summer months. People out and about! (except our friends in Australia and South Africa, where its actually winter) :0)

Fran Hinkel - 09:46am Jun 25, 2001 PST(#187 of 1060)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Hi Sassi,

I think the slowdown is due to the MP's going on. It has been shown to be a fact that, when an MP is not running, posting in teasers increases somewhat dramatically.

Thanks for the teasers, BP. As I said, receiving 5 from one member is not as useful as having 5 people submit one. So, I have your teasers in my file.

Anyone wishing to host one of BP's teasers, please email me and I will send you the teaser. Thanks again, BP.

babypunkin :o) - 11:19am Jun 25, 2001 PST(#188 of 1060)
We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect.-- Sorilea (Wise One from WOT) in "Lord of Chaos"

No problem Fran!

Matrix Jacobi - 02:05pm Jun 25, 2001 PST(#189 of 1060)
Every morning, we are given 24 golden hours. Even if you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy another one. They are one of the few things in this world that are truly free. Spend them wisely.

Atanua, will e-mail it tonight

Atanua- 8^) - 02:02am Jun 26, 2001 PST(#190 of 1060)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

ok, Matrix. If anyone else wants to host, let me know!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (870 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Teasers by Members  / Teaser Announcements

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: