•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (82 previous messages)
stikeforce - 07:21pm Dec 17, 1999 PST(#83 of 166)
"It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

Charlie Bee: I agree with the splashing pedestrians law! As someone who has been on the receiving end of splashes DONE ON PURPOSE!!! also; those Portuguese duelers might as well bleed for a good cause. Let the blood go to someone who needs it, the ground don't.

Monkoo P'an-Ku - 08:18am Dec 19, 1999 PST(#84 of 166)
Show me a guy who is afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time - Lou Brock

Are there a lot of Portuguese in Paraguay?

charlie bee - 03:36am Jan 2, 2000 PST(#85 of 166)
life is for living

you can sue for false imprisonment if a security guard takes you to the store managers office and falsly accuses you of theft, even though it is his job to stop you

Kelly blancko - 07:38am Jan 3, 2000 PST(#86 of 166)

you can sue if the food in the restaurent you ate was poison or.

Kara W - 09:17pm Feb 6, 2000 PST(#87 of 166)

I'm not sure where this is (maybe Kentucky)....it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket. I can see why that's a problem.

S. Marsh - 10:57am Feb 24, 2000 PST(#88 of 166)

In Texas...it is a hanging offense to steal anothers horse

In Virginia...it is illegal to take a bath more than once a month in the winter and more than once every three weeks in the summer. It is also illegal for anyone to take a bath on Saturday and Sundy.

This isnt a law, but more of a police joke...In Knoxville TN, you can be pulled over for having anything relating to the University of Florida displayed in your vehicle

Sadie Nix - 03:55pm Mar 14, 2000 PST(#89 of 166)

My friend and I were reading in this book about funny laws and such, that it is illegal for the post master of a post office to shoot ducks in season or not!

Lisa Robinson - 06:27pm Mar 26, 2000 PST(#90 of 166)
Better for people to think you are stupid, than open your mouth and prove it!

In Wilmington,NC it is against the law to walk backward down the street with one foot in the gutter and the other on the side walk while whistling! There is also a law allowing a husband to beet his wife on the steps of city hall once a month. In West Reading,PA the law is that no more that three unrelated people can live in one house. This one as of 2000 is inforced if you are not white,middle class and friends with the county commish.

Lisa Robinson - 06:31pm Mar 26, 2000 PST(#91 of 166)
Better for people to think you are stupid, than open your mouth and prove it!

In Leland, NC you cannot be prosecuted for beating your dog, cat etc. Animals are considered property and you can beat them but, if someone else hits your animal they can be put in jail. Let Green peace catch wind of this!

charlie bee - 09:26am Apr 3, 2000 PST(#92 of 166)
life is for living

in the UK, even though the death sentence has been banned for every other crime, you could still be hung for commiting treason.

davina campbell - 11:50am Apr 11, 2000 PST(#93 of 166)

In Alabama it's illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle. I wonder why they had to put that one on the books?

stikeforce - 09:29am Apr 13, 2000 PST(#94 of 166)
"It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

Davina; Probably because some fool did it once. Altho, why a law, you would think some other law would cover that situation. I did see a magician (or maybe psychic) drive around with a blindfold on some tv show a while back.It wasn't in Alabama tho. I think it was in Las Vegas. he did drive good, a lot better than some people!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (72 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: