•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (92 previous messages)
davina campbell - 11:50am Apr 11, 2000 PST(#93 of 166)

In Alabama it's illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle. I wonder why they had to put that one on the books?

stikeforce - 09:29am Apr 13, 2000 PST(#94 of 166)
"It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

Davina; Probably because some fool did it once. Altho, why a law, you would think some other law would cover that situation. I did see a magician (or maybe psychic) drive around with a blindfold on some tv show a while back.It wasn't in Alabama tho. I think it was in Las Vegas. he did drive good, a lot better than some people!

Mister E. - 11:00pm May 19, 2000 PST(#95 of 166)
"Ye do always resist the Holy Ghost."

I believe it is illegal in Boston, Massachusetts for a woman to wear red lipstick, especially on Boston Commons.

And I think it is still a hanging offence, or at least punishable by death to commit treason in America. hmmm.... I'd watch out if I were Linda Trip.

P Marlowe - 12:50am Jul 4, 2000 PST(#96 of 166)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

In Mesquite, Texas it is illegal to have an unusual haircut.

Eclipse - 11:30am Jul 12, 2000 PST(#97 of 166)
The hasty stroke goes oft astray-J.R.R.Tolkien

Who decides what's 'unusual'?

Tim Sismey - 05:36am Jul 24, 2000 PST(#98 of 166)

Pregnant women are entitled to urinate in Policemen's helmets in Britain.

And there is apparently a day when it is legal for a Welshman to kill an Englishman, as long as he uses a longbow and is standing a certain distance away.

lilM - 03:55pm Jul 24, 2000 PST(#99 of 166)

If only I had know that last time I was in London!! (The part about uriniating, not about killing Englishman!)

Rob Lewis - 06:34pm Jul 24, 2000 PST(#100 of 166)
ICQ#31475045

In America it's legal to kill an Englishman...if he's carrying a musket and wearing a red coat. ;)

keda smith - 03:00am Jul 25, 2000 PST(#101 of 166)

look this may not be appropriate here,but...Would someone please tell me the names of the 4 Christie Romance novels that I have not got I have "The Rose and the yew tree" and absent in the Spring" can't get or find the others will smile sweetly for you if you can help My email is Kajas@free2air.com.au thanks, signed Desperate!!!!

webimpared - 09:42pm Aug 4, 2000 PST(#102 of 166)

In Athens, GA it is ilegal to eat chicken with a fork on Sunday...BOOMBOOMBOOM...OPEN UP...CHICKEN POLICE!!!LOL:)

webimpared - 10:13pm Aug 4, 2000 PST(#103 of 166)

Now, if you think about it, some of these laws do make sense... 'it's illegal to drive your sheep unchaparoned in Montana'. Think about it... Montana, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous!!! Good law, gooood law.

webimpared - 12:08am Aug 5, 2000 PST(#104 of 166)

In Flordia having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal... why do you even need that law?!?!

webimpared - 12:10am Aug 5, 2000 PST(#105 of 166)

Again from FL, you may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays...WHAT?!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (61 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: