•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (10 previous messages)
athena - 04:00pm Apr 19, 1999 PST(#11 of 166)

think i heard that in Kansas that there is only one position to have sex that is legal. Every other way is illegal, Clinton had better stay outta Kansas.

Jennifer Lopez - 04:39pm Apr 19, 1999 PST(#12 of 166)

It is illegal to sneeze on the streets of Pittsburgh. You might startle a horse. In Massachusetts, the Stubborn Child Law was passed in 1646. It called for the death of disobedient children, provided their parents' were not at fault. Public whipping was usually substituted. This law was not repealed until 1973.

Darlene Campbell - 05:36pm Apr 19, 1999 PST(#13 of 166)
icq#28889214

I'm not really sure about the whipping thing. There is a website on all these stupid laws. I just can't remember it right now. I know here where I live in Canada we have a by-law that says you have to have your laundry in off your line by 6 pm some urban areas outside of Toronto you can't have an outside clothesline. So I guess you have to air your dirty laundry elsewhere.

Madonna Child - 02:55pm Apr 20, 1999 PST(#14 of 166)

In Chicago, it is against the law to smoke on the platform for the train. The platforms are mostly located OUTSIDE, only the subway portions are compltely enclosed in some places.

Gregory Wine - 10:09pm Apr 20, 1999 PST(#15 of 166)

My dad told me of a law in, I believe, Alabama in which an unwed couple cannot be in a vehicle alone. if i remember correctly one had to get out and walk along side. My dad and a female cousin were pulled over for this.

Also in Michigan there was (or maybe still is) a law that states if your driving your car down the road and you come upon a horse you must pull your car off the road and behind a bush. While behind the bush you are to DISASSEMBLE your car until the horse has passed so as to not frighten the horse...Anyone got a blow torch??

SPJones_98 - 03:00am Apr 24, 1999 PST(#16 of 166)

Here in Australia there are some states that still have anti-WITCHCRAFT laws. And in Victoria it is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday on Sundays.

D.Battles - 02:51pm Apr 24, 1999 PST(#17 of 166)
Guest User

LOL Boy, what a funny forum located on a crime site!!! Rich, I think those public horse troughs are the people's way of preparing for the y2k. Hoo knows, we may need them! And as for Athena, it must have been a puritan who made that law in Kansas! You should email it to the prez -- let him have a nice day! AND yes women should be whipped once a month, BUT ONLY ONCE A MONTH. Now, that leaves us the question about men. How many times should we whip them? Heh, heh, heh???

Marilyn Dickey - 04:59pm Apr 24, 1999 PST(#18 of 166)
This Too Shall Pass

D.Battles, then lets say let the one day the women is whipped be the only day that the men are not whipped.Seems fair to me. :)

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (148 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: