•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (126 previous messages)
Maggie Cat - 02:29pm May 20, 2003 PST(#127 of 166)
"No fur, no paws, no tail. They run away from mice. They never get enough sleep. How can you help but love such an absurd animal?"- Catnip For The Soul

The Ohio driving law states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car. God I wish they'd repeal that. EVERYONE follows it.

Ohio law also states it is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.

Which is interesting since I didn't know there were whales in Lake Eerie ; )

stikeforce - 05:39am Jul 5, 2003 PST(#128 of 166)
"It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

Here's a newspaper story, I'm deleting names... Sapula, Okla. A convicted rapist has been sentenced to life in prison for spitting on a police officer. Creek County Associate Judge *** folllowed the recommendation of a jury for the maximum sentence against *** under a law that makes it a felony to place bodily fluids on law enforcement officers. The judge rejected a prosecution request for a 25-year prson term and a defense request for a 4 year term. Following sentencing Monday (6-30-03) the defendant's attorney promised an appeal to the state Court of Criminal Appeals. The defendant was convicted of hurling body fluids on Sapula Officer *** while the officer taking the defendant to jail followig a domestic disturbance.... ok i understand in this day and age, with AIDS and all, but to get more time for spitting than rape? and why are these laws only for the law enforcement? would they even TRY to arrest anyone spitting on us civvies?

Danielle Moore - 09:55am Oct 11, 2003 PST(#129 of 166)

In Atlanta Georgia they posed a law that it would be illegal for a restaurant not to serve sweet iced tea.

Maggie Cat - 06:43pm Oct 11, 2003 PST(#130 of 166)
"No fur, no paws, no tail. They run away from mice. They never get enough sleep. How can you help but love such an absurd animal?"- Catnip For The Soul

Oo, do you think I can get that passed here in Ohio?

Danielle Moore - 05:12pm Oct 15, 2003 PST(#131 of 166)

Sure you can get it passed if your state lawmakers are bored enough.

hahayourastalker - 06:45am Oct 17, 2003 PST(#132 of 166)

this isn't a law but cat pee glows under a black lite

Is_this_normal? - 07:34am Oct 17, 2003 PST(#133 of 166)
There can be no triumph without loss… no victory without suffering… no freedom without sacrifice… (from TROTK trailer) True words even for today.

Hi hahayourastalker. There is a section that is for "useless" facts. That would have been the place to post your fact. Please feel welcome to explore this site. I assure you that you will trully have lots of fun. :-)

Maggie Cat - 12:06pm Oct 17, 2003 PST(#134 of 166)

Useless Facts can be found by using the grey bar on the left of your screen and going to Social Lounge and then Just For Fun Areas.

Fran Hinkel - 07:02am Oct 20, 2003 PST(#135 of 166)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Thanks, (((((ITN and Maggie)))))!

BabyMelany - 09:10pm Nov 14, 2003 PST(#136 of 166)

Ohio: No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.

BabyMelany - 09:15pm Nov 14, 2003 PST(#137 of 166)

Illinois

Kenilworth
A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow. Hens that wish to cackle must step two hundred feet back from any residence.

Kirkland
Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kriland's streets.

Moline
Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited.

There is a ban on unnecessary repetitive driving on 23rd Avenue.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (29 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: