•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (43 previous messages)
dewey - 10:25pm May 17, 1999 PST(#44 of 166)

in cali it's illegal to have a mamale hanging 3 feet out of a truck bed cuz some weird freak did it once

kffacrd - 10:15am May 19, 1999 PST(#45 of 166)

In Huntington, New York, you cannot drive a motor car on the main streets, In Minnisota you can`t spit in public.

Niamh McInnes - 04:02am May 25, 1999 PST(#46 of 166)

I don't know if this is still a law but up untilrecently in England it was illegal NOT to practise archery on a Sunday

-Susan C - 02:17pm May 27, 1999 PST(#47 of 166)

MORE MORE MORE I love these

Phillip Steuben - 03:52pm May 28, 1999 PST(#48 of 166)

Here's one of my favorites: It is a violation of local law for any pilot or passenger to carry an ice cream cone in their pocket while either flying or waiting to board a plane. - Lowes Crossroads, Delaware

Hugh Drummond - 08:00am Jun 15, 1999 PST(#49 of 166)
" I have a criminal mind... I see bad in everyone," (Mr. J.G. Reeder)

It's perfectly legal here in Chester to do to death a Welshman inside the City Walls, so long as you do it with a crossbow after eight PM (Curfew. Or it was, long ago).

Up in Scotland, in Jedburgh, they used to practise something called 'Jedhart Justice'. In simple language, this penal code meant that you hanged a man, then put him on trial. Not surprisingly, very few people were aquitted.

HUD

caza - 08:26am Jun 17, 1999 PST(#50 of 166)

It is illegal to swim on dry land in some states

Hugh Drummond - 07:51am Jun 18, 1999 PST(#51 of 166)
" I have a criminal mind... I see bad in everyone," (Mr. J.G. Reeder)

That's not silly. They used to teach swimming on dry land. It was called 'Land Drill'.

HUD

Rob Lewis - 05:11pm Jun 18, 1999 PST(#52 of 166)
ICQ#31475045

But why is it illegal?

margaret cheek - 11:33am Jun 30, 1999 PST(#53 of 166)

Keep it up, i don't think i've laughed so hard in a really good while, it's really REFRESHING.

Allisonee - 01:23pm Jul 1, 1999 PST(#54 of 166)

Well, I just posted, but it didn't work, oh well, I'll try again.

These stupid laws are great! here's one from France: A recent law passed made it illegal to bring a flying saucer into a vinyard. HAHA

I have a whole list of stupid laws from 49 states that I got as an email from a friend. If anyone would like a copy send me an email and i would be happy to forward it to you. They're HILARIOUS!!

I can't wait to hear some more new ones.

william Pratt - 12:07am Jul 6, 1999 PST(#55 of 166)

What about the old Puritan laws regarding witchcraft where they dunked the defendant in water so long that they all drowned??I can hear it now:"Well,looks like we proved another one innocent!!"---

zaina - 10:56pm Jul 10, 1999 PST(#56 of 166)

There are many funny old laws, but what about the new ones? I heard that Tennessee just passed a law that eating road-kill would now be legal! WOULD YOU EAT IT at your Memorial Day cook-out???

~LAYLA~ - 09:20pm Jul 17, 1999 PST(#57 of 166)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" "Still round the corner there may wait a new road or secret gate"

Zaina,

Depends on how it was cooked.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (109 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: