•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (53 previous messages)
Allisonee - 01:23pm Jul 1, 1999 PST(#54 of 166)

Well, I just posted, but it didn't work, oh well, I'll try again.

These stupid laws are great! here's one from France: A recent law passed made it illegal to bring a flying saucer into a vinyard. HAHA

I have a whole list of stupid laws from 49 states that I got as an email from a friend. If anyone would like a copy send me an email and i would be happy to forward it to you. They're HILARIOUS!!

I can't wait to hear some more new ones.

william Pratt - 12:07am Jul 6, 1999 PST(#55 of 166)

What about the old Puritan laws regarding witchcraft where they dunked the defendant in water so long that they all drowned??I can hear it now:"Well,looks like we proved another one innocent!!"---

zaina - 10:56pm Jul 10, 1999 PST(#56 of 166)

There are many funny old laws, but what about the new ones? I heard that Tennessee just passed a law that eating road-kill would now be legal! WOULD YOU EAT IT at your Memorial Day cook-out???

~LAYLA~ - 09:20pm Jul 17, 1999 PST(#57 of 166)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" "Still round the corner there may wait a new road or secret gate"

Zaina,

Depends on how it was cooked.

~LAYLA~ - 09:32pm Jul 17, 1999 PST(#58 of 166)
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" "Still round the corner there may wait a new road or secret gate"

By the way' if antjuan has a copy of that law against snoring in Florida, please send it to me.

I live in Florida and when my hubby's partner falls asleep at his desk, we have to evacuate the workplace!

Maybe I could call the cops next time!

These are great! I laughed so hard my coworkers thought I was finally cracking up!

WSudduth - 06:02am Jul 20, 1999 PST(#59 of 166)

Refering to the road kill law, in Virginia they do it all the time. At least when it is a deer. Weird people do weird things.

Sex is only legal missionary style. 'i'WHO WOULD KNOW?

Jeri Cain - 03:32pm Jul 21, 1999 PST(#60 of 166)
"Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind and your soul is revealed by your actions." Agatha Christie

At one time in most states it was illegal to spit in public or on sidewalks. This was due to the outbreak of tuberculous and the fear of it being transfered through saliva. This is probably where the law about sneezing was derived as well.

william Pratt - 11:48pm Jul 21, 1999 PST(#61 of 166)

about 40 years ago in Vancouver.a law was passed closing bars at 5 pm because not enough husbands went home to their wives after work!!but the law didn't work too well--half the husbands joined private clubs and still didn't go home!!--the law was rescinded after a short while--

~LAYLA~ - 03:58pm Aug 13, 1999 PST(#62 of 166)

In Miami Florida its illegal to immitate an animal. -In North Carolina motels, its a crime to move two twin beds together or to make love on the floor. -Laws in Indianapolis, Indiana and Eureka Nebraska make it a crime to kiss if you have a mustache. -Its a crime in Zion, Illionois to offer a cigar to a dog, cat, or any pet. No mention of cigarettes or pipes. -If your hourse is ugly, the law prohibits you from riding it down a street in Wilbur, Washington.

~LAYLA~ - 04:01pm Aug 13, 1999 PST(#63 of 166)

When John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill the President of the United States.

Eclipse - 05:43pm Aug 13, 1999 PST(#64 of 166)
The hasty stroke goes oft astray-J.R.R.Tolkien

I love these, how do you find all of them? Do you go looking, or do you merely come across them?

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (102 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / True Crime  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: