•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  /

Puzzles

Have a favorite mystery jigsaw puzzle? Want a recommendation?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Jennifer Cannon - 01:39pm Oct 22, 1997 PST(#1 of 41)

I grew up loving mysteries. Everyone told me that nothing useful would come of it. They were wrong. I am now studying to become a private investigator!

dave poe - 08:15pm Oct 23, 1997 PST(#2 of 41)

I am looking for the solution to a book that was called "THE MURDER GAME". It was written by Bruce Cassiday. The book came out in 1992 and was a contest with a $10,000 reward.Please e-mail me at dwap@swbell.net if you know how I can obtain the answer.Thank you.

Note: Since other MysteryNet.com Community members may also be interested please also post the answer here.

Suzanne Herlihy - 01:12pm Dec 18, 1997 PST(#3 of 41)

Jennifer--I'm studying to be a private investigator too---!!

pierre poirier - 09:48am Mar 16, 1998 PST(#4 of 41)
Guest User

Hi,

Does anyone have the solution(s), or know where to get them, to the following murder mystery contest books:

Who Killed the Robbins Family, by Bill Adler and Thomas Chastain (1982)

The Revenge of the Robbins Family by Bill Adler and Thomas Chastain (1984)

Picture Perfect Murders,(?) by Thomas Chastain

Thanks

p.s. I've tried the Adler Publ. website, they just ignore request of that kind--rich bummers!!

Christopher Pitts - 12:22pm Apr 1, 1998 PST(#5 of 41)

Did antbody read the game was murder

Donna Smock - 10:25pm Jun 5, 1998 PST(#6 of 41)
Make new friends but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold.

Hi pierre...I have a copy of "Who Killed the Robins Family" in one of the boxes in my attic,along with the rest of the skeletons. I entered the contest and do have the solution in that book. Sorry I can't remember who did it, but I will look it up and get back with you.

Princess Jessica - 10:26pm Jun 16, 1998 PST(#7 of 41)

hi. i really like all the mysteries they have here

Melissa Packer - 03:43am Jul 23, 1998 PST(#8 of 41)

I love murder mysteries (but I'm not too hot at solving them! - I'd like the oppurtunity to learn)

There's a FANTASTIC murder mystery series on in England, called Jonathan Creek. Anyone seen it? I solved two of the mysteries - but they're really difficult!

Melissa Packer

Larissa Villanueva - 01:39am Sep 18, 1998 PST(#9 of 41)

I was reading over some of the things that you all said and I had a question. What exactly are murder mystery books? They sound really interesting. Please let me know.

Alex Dent - 09:08am Oct 2, 1998 PST(#10 of 41)

Not sure where to put this post but this seems as good a place as any.

I came across a really cool idea in an article about metagames by Richard Garfield the other day. It seems that at MIT they have a weekend where they hide a coin somewhere on campus and the students try to find it. OK so we're talking big campus, small coin - so how do they find it?

Well they produce a large number of puzzles (150+) with no one puzzle type dominant or to important and the solutions to these puzzles either give clues to the location of the coin OR gives clues to the solutions of other puzzles. In some cases the solution to one puzzle were the instructions for another puzzle. etc.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Or any ideas of how this could be run (either in real life or in cyberspace)?

.alex

cindi flavin - 07:42am Oct 6, 1998 PST(#11 of 41)

Puzzles-Anyone interested in swapping puzzles? I have every "clue" puzzle released so far but only a couple of the Be-Puzzled (I really enjoy them too!) Also the old Columbo and Muder She Wrote puzzles! A while ago someone was looking for "Games" magazines. I have every issue since inception, there was two stoppages when it folded after it went to monthly, and it was bought but they had the wrong staff, it was bought again and it is back to what it was in the beginning! Their published by Be-Puzzled! They also have quite a few of their giant books of games available at bookstores in all different formats. I would love one of just all eyeball benders!!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (30 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Puzzles

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: