•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / Short Story Mysteries  /

Short mystery stories

TV versus movies. Novels vs. short stories. Does anyone else out there feel like nothing gets the punch of a mystery across as well as a short story?

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (34 previous messages)
Massawa Stevens - 10:35am Jun 1, 2000 PST(#35 of 39)

just love Agatha Christie and Edgar Allen Poe . My fav Agatha C. book is Ten little indians. I like Poe's style of writing the Tell Tale Heart.

Norton Salem - 09:21am Oct 23, 2000 PST(#36 of 39)

If any one have mystery short story scripts for sale. 20 minutes in duration, small budget, preferably less locations (3 locations - max.), few actors/actress involved. For university project (final year). My budget is not very high. Urgently needed. payment will be sent as u required. If your script is selected, you will be notified. Naturally.

Cindy Mawhinney - 10:12pm Apr 21, 2001 PST(#37 of 39)

Hi. This is my first time here. I am trying to find out who wrote a short story called "Don't Turn Around". The way it is written it sounds like the story is directed only to you...and is only in one book,your book (the title may not be listed in the contents because of this)...he will be watching you...so don't turn around. Has anyone read this?? Any ideas where I could find out more info. about this story??

^rini^ - 12:39am Jun 7, 2001 PST(#38 of 39)

hi...my name's rini.I really like agatha's mystery books,especially 'Buku Catatan Josephine'.By the way,i'm trying to find out who wrote the great book called 'follow your heart'.Has anyone read this..??? Please...i really need your information.Thanks.

Pam White - 06:15am Jan 6, 2003 PST(#39 of 39)

Twist for Cash FUTURES Twist! Contest, 2002 has extended its deadline FUTURES MYSTERIOUS ANTHOLOGY MAGAZINE's (FMAM) annual “Twist” contest will now be called SLESAR'S TWIST and features prizes for the best twist ending short stories as characterized by the Hitchcock style of stories written by Henry Slesar. Hitchcock called Henry the 'master of the ironic'. Keep that word in mind as you write. You will find many examples of Henry's twist stories in the collection "Death On Television The Best of Henry Slesar's Alfred Hitchcock Stories." We have featured one of these great stories, or more, in each of the FMAM past issues, so read back, too. All entries must be submitted to FUTURES by Feb 20, 2003. Prizes, too! First through third prize winners will be entered in the New Century Short Story contest with the $30 entry fee paid by FUTURES. New Century is seeking material for Hollywood productions, and we believe YOU have the talent to provide what they're looking for. First prize includes $200 and a caricatoon by Jim “Toonman” Oddie featuring the winner and Alfred Hitchcock. The second prize winner will receive $65, while the third prize winner will be awarded a one- year subscription to FUTURES. In addition, there will be five honorable mention awards with original art certificates by Pete Welling and a copy of the Summer FMAM to those winners! Send your 2500 to 4500 word TWIST short story (in the best Slesar style) in an EMAIL to include your name, email, mailing address, phone number, word count, and a short bio. In the SUBJECT line write SLESAR TWIST FOR 2002. Send the $15 entry fee snail mail to: Slesar's Twist Contest, c/o Babs Lakey 3039 38th Ave South Minneapolis, MN 55406 Include your name, address, phone number, email address, and make out your check to Futures, please. If you'd like to be notified of the winners regardless, send a SASE postcard, too. Final judging for this contest will be done by Babs Lakey, publisher of Futures Mysterious Anthology Magazine.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / Short Story Mysteries  / Short mystery stories

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: