Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Clue Chronicles  /

Fatal Illusion: CD-ROM

Clue Chronicles
Join your favorite Clue characters in 2 all new adventures

You've been invited to a very special New Year's Eve party. Join your favorite characters from Clue-- and a few surprising new ones-- at the bizarre castle stronghold of reclusive millionaire, Ian Masque. Unravel a murder set in a shadowy world of politics, wealth, and the supernatural. Discuss Episode 1 of the Clue Chronicles Mystery Series with fans and visitors here! Fatal Illusion: The new interactive mystery adventure CD-ROM from Clue.

http://www.MysteryNet.com/cluechronicles/
Please Note: Anyone looking for help: Many of the same questions have been asked and answered in this discussion. Before posting about where you are stuck, please use the Search Button and type in the key words - such as "cable car". This should bring up a list of every post where the cable car is mentioned. Your answer may already be here.

The patch for this game is still available. Hasbro Interactive was taken over by another company in 2001. You can get it at: this link. Thanks ~Fran

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (12 previous messages)
Edan - 07:43pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#13 of 4060)

Spoiler! for the lock on the hold:

The three numbered combination *is* the date miss scarlet suggested (12-31-38). I forget the actual turns though... left twice, right twice, left once? or maybe right left right? I forget.

Can anyone help me with act 3? (See my last post)

Edan - 07:50pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#14 of 4060)

Glad to be of help (of course, it's much more fun to solve on your own). I shouldn't say this, but there is a hint button, it's the clue button in the corner (yeah, bad pun ;-)) Although it only tends to give clues when you're faced with an actual puzzle, so most of the time, nothing, and often times the it doesn't tell the whole story (and usually the first one or two hints are probably of no help, cause you already knew them ;-))

By the way, My box cover shows a picture of the first scene, with miss scarlet, and the side of the interface showing Characters & Locations... Wonder what that is. Maybe something they took out of the game (I've also seen this game refered to as Clue Chronicles: Fatal Masque,.. Alast minute change in names?)

felicia williams - 08:15pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#15 of 4060)

this game is a lot of fun and i'm on the cable car stuck. oh well that's the fun of it. i'm going to keep working on a some more. you guys are great.

Angelique - 09:24pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#16 of 4060)

Does anyone know how to get the cable car going? I did all that the hint suggested and am inside the cable car and nothing is happening! I have been playing with the two levers you can touch with no results....Help!

Edan - 09:32pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#17 of 4060)

Re: the cable car: Did you find the instructions like green suggested? Hint: Perhaps you need something to light your way?

If you already have the instructions, follow them (on the controls outside) the car.

(Also, some people have told me that they couldn't get it to work, but reloading an earlier game and trying it again worked... was fine when I tried it... of course, I did run into a couple of crashes :()

april carlson - 10:36pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#18 of 4060)

Does anyone have any suggestions to the marble game Peacock's riddle in the castle? The clues don't help and I am stuck and frustrated...I understand that is the most challenging riddle. I have Mrs. white's riddle solved. The castle is very challening everyone who is not there yet. But fun!!!! The cablecar is hard to get started. Just keep trying. I think you might try the left switches up that worked for me. Even tho the instructions didn't say it that way. Make sure you save your games..I was in the castle and had a fatal error and had to go back to the cablecar. Yikes! By the way I have a friendly sleuth I know that finished this!!! Amazing. He is my hero!!!!

skirvin - 11:33pm Nov 8, 1999 PST(#19 of 4060)

the marble game is challenging...i got it though, and it is the first and only for me so far. keep working the marble in the holes....your object is to get the walls to the far right to drop down. once you get to the second hole everything falls in place. good luck.

skirvin - 01:26am Nov 9, 1999 PST(#20 of 4060)

edan, did you get the iron maiden open? once you get all the spikes out, DONT click on the middle, you will have to start over. she just opened up for me, although i may have clicked on her but not in the middle. i quit for the night (morning) and will resume with trying to solve col. mustard. i got the rest of the jewels, there are only 5 right? this game is lots of fun. hope everyone is enjoying themselves!

Edan - 07:49am Nov 9, 1999 PST(#21 of 4060)

Iron maiden hasn't opened up for me... even tried using several previous saves (including one from the end of act 2) but it didn't work for me. when I click on the maidnen (not in the middle) after I made the star, I just get a message that says that "Maybe I should learn more about it before fiddling with it". I don't know what more I can learn. I hypnotized plum to learn the riddle, than I went to the iron maiden and made the star figure. Is there more than that? Do you remember where you clicked, by any chance? (on the arms, wheel, spikes, in the star... etc?)

Could someone who can, mail me their saved games (or at least one where they've gotten plum and peacocks jewels (I *don't* want to do that marble thing again.. sigh) mail them to me? vuuencoded would be best, but I might be able to decode mime... or else put them on a webpage?

Just mail me first, so I don't get lots of email of saved games ;-)

Thanks, Edan

April Carlson - 08:42am Nov 9, 1999 PST(#22 of 4060)

Thanks skirvin for the marble clue and encouragement. It definitely is a fun game. I have not had time to sit down and keep going on it. It is addicting therefore I have to make sure I have the time! Can't wait to get through this so I can get the next one.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (4038 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Clue Chronicles  / Fatal Illusion: CD-ROM

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: