Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Clue Chronicles  /

Fatal Illusion: CD-ROM

Clue Chronicles
Join your favorite Clue characters in 2 all new adventures

You've been invited to a very special New Year's Eve party. Join your favorite characters from Clue-- and a few surprising new ones-- at the bizarre castle stronghold of reclusive millionaire, Ian Masque. Unravel a murder set in a shadowy world of politics, wealth, and the supernatural. Discuss Episode 1 of the Clue Chronicles Mystery Series with fans and visitors here! Fatal Illusion: The new interactive mystery adventure CD-ROM from Clue.

http://www.MysteryNet.com/cluechronicles/
Please Note: Anyone looking for help: Many of the same questions have been asked and answered in this discussion. Before posting about where you are stuck, please use the Search Button and type in the key words - such as "cable car". This should bring up a list of every post where the cable car is mentioned. Your answer may already be here.

The patch for this game is still available. Hasbro Interactive was taken over by another company in 2001. You can get it at: this link. Thanks ~Fran

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (27 previous messages)
skirvin - 12:43am Nov 10, 1999 PST(#28 of 4060)

great ending.....cant wait for you all to get there and see "whodunit"! 8-)

Gail Broadie - 04:41am Nov 10, 1999 PST(#29 of 4060)

I still can't get into the wheel house and I can't figure out what to do! I combined the artifact with the puzzle box and it opened. I read the paper inside. Now what? Please help. Gail

Edan - 06:34am Nov 10, 1999 PST(#30 of 4060)

Gail, Did Miss White drop the vase? if so, you'll note a down arrow next to her...

Edan - 11:10am Nov 10, 1999 PST(#31 of 4060)

Sigh. I emailed tech support and they sent a reply saying pretty much "That's a gameplay issue, not a technical support issue, use the ingame help or the walktrhoughs on the web" (What walkthroughs?!)

As a programmer myself, I know the difference between a gameplay issue and a bug, and this looks like a bug (when two people follow the same steps, the game should react the same, no?) I wrote back to them, telling them that, and I included the error log the game made when it crashed twice, in case it's related.

Edan - 01:56pm Nov 10, 1999 PST(#32 of 4060)

I just got another response from tech support. They said they are aware of the problem and are trying to make a fix. Yay! I just don't know if they meant the Iron Maiden bug or the crashes.... (hopefully both)

Gail B - 05:37pm Nov 10, 1999 PST(#33 of 4060)

Sigh, I'm stuck again. I have the cable car running and it is stuck on the ice. I've tried everything but so far, nothing works. I can't move away from the control panel with the flashing red light! I have tried moving the only switch the game will let me. All I have in my inventory is the flashlight, glass of wine, mended instructions and the list from the puzzle box. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong? HELP!

Edan - 05:46pm Nov 10, 1999 PST(#34 of 4060)

Gail (and anyone else qith difficulty with the controls) To move certain levers, you click on it and then drag the mouse up or down.

(Gail: One of those levers is a backwars/forwards lever... hint, hint)

Gail B - 06:28pm Nov 10, 1999 PST(#35 of 4060)

I finally got the cable car/controls to work. Has anyone else had problems with the game locking up?

April Carlson - 10:19am Nov 11, 1999 PST(#36 of 4060)

Gail,

yes I have had problems with the game crashing!!! I had gotten through the cable car and into the castle had solved at least one riddle and then I received a fatal error. I suggest anyone that has finally cracked something or figured a riddle out, SAVE YOUR GAME!!! That has helped me out. Doesn't mean you have to quit for the day but that helps ease my peace of mind!!!

felicia williams - 08:32pm Nov 11, 1999 PST(#37 of 4060)

finally got to the end but i think i missed seeing certain things before i got to the end. it is a great ending but teases you for the next installment.

Rolando Castillo - 09:44pm Nov 11, 1999 PST(#38 of 4060)

Sad to say I was very disappointed with the game. While the graphics are undeniably beautiful it takes forever to load a saved game and the game acts very sluggish, even on a Pentium computer with all other Windows applications disabled. I was so afraid of the game crashing during play that I could not enjoy the story (convoluted as it was). I hope the second episode will be better than the first, but until Hasbro Interactive gets its act together and fixes ALL the bugs before releasing a game (anyone remember the first "Clue" CD-ROM game?) I sincerely doubt it.

Lori Yates - 11:53am Nov 12, 1999 PST(#39 of 4060)

I am having serious difficulty with the marble maze! Anyone have any suggestions that have got passed this? Does the marble have to go down the hole in center of the spiral? I can't get it there. I already have all five jewels and the game won't do anything else.

Edan - 12:46pm Nov 12, 1999 PST(#40 of 4060)

Yes, it has to go down the middle hole to get the second wall to go down. And yes, it is annoying, though once you get pass the top (2nd) hole, it gets easier

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (4020 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Games & Puzzles  / Clue Chronicles  / Fatal Illusion: CD-ROM

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: