Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  /

Nancy Drew Over the Decades

Nancy Drew is one-of-a-kind...
How has Nancy Drew changed through the years?
  • Which books are your favorites? Why?
  • Which book really shows Nancy at her best?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1749 previous messages)
TappingHeels - 10:20pm Sep 3, 2014 PST(#1750 of 1755)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

You bet, Green Hornet. By the way, I passed a book rack in the market today and noted that the current decade is again producing revamped Nancy Drew titles: "Old Clock", "Staircase", and "Bungalow" were the titles I saw. A quick peek at the opening page of "Old Clock" was completely unfamiliar. Interestingly, the cover art portrays Nancy with a roadster and wearing a cloche hat.

Green Hornet - 05:11pm Sep 4, 2014 PST(#1751 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

Hmmm...

The old one opens with Nancy speaking to her father about the Tophams, but the re-write opens with Nancy driving.

If they changed it even more, I may have to buy a few and have a look.

TappingHeels - 08:01pm Sep 5, 2014 PST(#1752 of 1755)
The mystery picture's in a mess. The cops admit the case looks black. Just when the crook starts to confess --- rattle-rattle-rattle --- POPCORN SACK!

You might be interested in taking a look at the art for this new reissue of the Nancy Drew Series. If you google Sabrina Gabrielli you'll find her website and examples of the covers there.

Green Hornet - 04:43am Sep 7, 2014 PST(#1753 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

I thank you kindly.

Green Hornet - 04:49am Sep 7, 2014 PST(#1754 of 1755)
Oh, the huge manatee!

I just came back from the site.

That is so cool! The style is fresh and actually fits the era. I approve. :D

TappingHeels - 08:06pm Sep 9, 2014 PST(#1755 of 1755)

Glad to know you found it!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Changes to Nancy Drew  / Nancy Drew Over the Decades