•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  /

Suggest a New Author

Want to spread the word about new authors? You can post an announcement and information here.

Here are some basic guidelines:

• Check in the List of Authors to see if your new author already has a discussion.
  • If they don't have a discussion, create one for the new author you are announcing.
  • Post a message here, telling others a little bit about the author and their book. If you can, link the new author's discussion in your message here. If you need a little help linking the discussion, e-mail us at community@MysteryNet.com

Remember, if you want to recommend a book or check out other readers' suggestions, go to What to Read Next or Book Reviews.

(Note: All material posted becomes the property of Newfront. Newfront reserves the right to edit or remove any material.)

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (47 previous messages)
    Susanne Henke - 06:21am May 18, 2005 PST(#48 of 56)

Hi my name is Susanne Henke and I'm the author of "Bissige Stories für boshafte Leser": 15 short stories about murderous wifes, scheming pernsioners, nervous pianists and other quite normal people.

Please check out my website for more details! http://www.storysite.de

Marjorie Abrams - 09:12am May 25, 2005 PST(#49 of 56)

Hi, I am M.D.Abrams and have just published Murder on the Prairie: A North Florida Mystery. It is the first in a series dealing murderous struggles over environmental issues and with an actress/activist sleuth. www.mdabrams.com

Critical Mick - 07:21am Oct 25, 2005 PST(#50 of 56)
    Unruly Reviewer.

I'm surprised that no discussion has been opened for Irish-American mystery author Erin Hart. Her 2003 debut, Haunted Ground, was something of a hit. Last year's follow-up, Lake of Sorrows, was far superior. After reading this sophmore effort, I rank Hart among the best of new authors I've come across in recent years.

A particularly unruly review of Lake of Sorrows can be found at http://www.mickhalpin.com/criticalmick_lake_of_sorrows.htm . Apologies in advance to any fans of the overrated Nicci French.

Erin Hart's own website is easy to remember- http://www.erinhart.com/

Donna Causey - 05:00pm Mar 20, 2006 PST(#51 of 56)

New Cozy Author - The Tattletale Parrot - Published by Booklocker.com Feb. 2006 - author Ellorine Cottingham Morgan - great character development and plot..1st in a series of artist Bama Lee Cotter and her parrot Astrid. The Tattletale Parrot keeps the reader guessing till the end and the plot development flows well.

Fran Hinkel - 09:24am May 1, 2006 PST(#52 of 56)
    You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I just found a new author and his debut novel was full of twists and turns. Something a little different.

Here are some review quotes:

"A page turner of the highest caliber. It has enough twists and turns to keep you guessing until the end." Michael Connelly

"Breathtakingly real and utterly compelling. Dishes up page turning psychological suspense while treating us lucky readers to some of the most literate and stylish writing you'll find anywhere today." Jeffery Deaver

The author is Brian Freeman - the book is titled IMMORAL. Check it out!

nina100 - 10:10pm Nov 22, 2006 PST(#53 of 56)

Charming, Alarming, Disarming has just been released by debut author, Ann Lee. Her reviews are all "highly recommended" and "a book worth reading over and over."

This novel is filled with so many surprises and suspense, that you can't say a lot about it without giving it away. But it's about a young woman who escapes her abusive life, finds the loyalty and friendship of a family she's never known, only to have the fatal task of exposing a charming killer. This she's determined to do before another one of her friends is found dead...but first she has to get past him. And if you're a Prince fan, this is an added bonus!

Go to www.juputer2books.com to purchase the book. They have excellent customer service. I promise, this book is well worth it!!

Patrick Kiley - 11:26pm Aug 1, 2007 PST(#54 of 56)

Hey, all - I'd like to call your attention to new author Evan Kilgore, with his June '07 debut, WHO IS SHAYLA HACKER (Bleak House Books).

Kilgore is a young, up and coming writer whose work is edgy, strange, surreal, and disturbing. He has been compared to David Lynch and Dan Brown, and the book's getting pretty good reviews. You can find it in Borders, on Amazon, or at a mystery bookstore near you.

The official web site for the book is www.WhoIsShaylaHacker.com .

Best, Patrick

Lauren Padgett - 09:28am Dec 19, 2007 PST(#55 of 56)

I would like to tell you about Victor Bose's book CrossFire Across the Crossroads. This book had me thirsty for justice by the end of the first chapter. The book is well written and is one that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good mystery. You can find the book on Amazon. I know you will enjoy the book as much as I have.

Fran Hinkel - 04:22am Dec 29, 2007 PST(#56 of 56)
    You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Thanks, Lauren, it sounds really good.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Suggest a New Author

• In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: