Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors M - O  /

Muller, Marcia

Marcia Muller Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%
Marcia Muller's Sharon McCone mysteries have won her awards and critical acclaim, leading to other popular mysteries, including collaboration with her husband, author Bill Pronzini.

Stephanie A. Hochuli - 09:24pm Apr 6, 1998 PST(#1 of 26)

Well actually Marcia is married to Bill, so they sometimes collaborate. I do like Sharon and consider her better than the Grafton series.

Mary Jane Spain - 04:31pm Apr 22, 1998 PST(#2 of 26)

I am amazed how few messages are posted under Marcia Muller. I totally agree Maureen...anyone who likes Sue Grafton will thoroughly enjoy Marcia Muller. I suggest, like Sue Grafton, read them in the order they were written for the most impact (however they can stand alone too). I would also recommend J.A. Jance, Beaumont (Seattle ) series...main character a policeman instead of a woman P.I. but the writing is very similiar (again a series best read in order).

Maureen Doyle - 09:47pm Apr 23, 1998 PST(#3 of 26)

JA Jance is a great writer too. I have only read one of her books SHOOT DON'T SHOOT. It was one I picked for our mystery book. We were concentrating on women writers with strong women characters. I have bought a few more of her books but haven't read them yet. Mo

nancy - 06:39pm May 26, 1998 PST(#4 of 26)

__While Other People Sleep is Muller's newest.

Mary Jane Spain - 05:31pm Jun 20, 1998 PST(#5 of 26)

Not to take Marcia Muller's space up, but if you are looking for women writers with strong women characters (mysteries of course), try Francis Fyfield..British writer with a series about a woman (Helen West) public prosecutor set mostly in London. Also try Minette Walters (again, British)..a little quirky but very well done. Enjoy

Mary ann - 08:49am Jul 8, 1998 PST(#6 of 26)

I do like her books, but consider Sue Grafton's better. JA Jance series with Joanna Brady is good but her J.P. Beaumont series is better. Sarah Paretsky's V.I is really great too! There are alot of great authors writing about women now.

nancy - 02:46pm Jul 11, 1998 PST(#7 of 26)

Finished __While Other People Sleep__ in one night. It amazes me that M.M. has written so many Sharon McCone books and each one captures my imagination. Sometimes it seems that the author looses interest in the character after ten or so books :-) but this one was great!

kim steelman - 09:49pm Jul 26, 1998 PST(#8 of 26)

I just finished "While Other People Sleep" and enjoyed it greatly. I had to finish it in one read and that's a first for a Muller book in a long time! It captured my attention and was over before I knew it! Of course, it might have been MY insomnia that helped!

kim

Mickie Jobe - 08:50pm Jul 31, 1998 PST(#9 of 26)

Whether you like MM better, or Sue Grafton better, it's important that you realize that MM has been around alot longer. I personally enjoy McCone better, but even if you don't agree, it is true that Grafton (and Millhone) owe Muller (and McCone) a debt of gratitude. They were here first, and actually paved the way for today's female detective. I have read every single McCone mystery, and some other books by MM that don't feature McCone, and it is neat to see a writer develop her skills and her character's depth. I have also read every "alphabet" mystery, and I feel that Grafton has not gotten better with age, as Muller has. (Or maybe that's Bill's doing? :)

m cahill - 08:24pm Sep 24, 1998 PST(#10 of 26)

I was also very surprised that MM had so few messages. Her books are excellent. While Other People Sleep was one of the best mysteries I have read in a while. McCone with her large extended family and many friends seems more realistic than most of the other "tough female" detectives. Still, it doesn't take away her "edge." Great reads.

Cheryle Tomassi - 08:17pm Oct 22, 1998 PST(#11 of 26)

Just started reading Muller - on recommendation of someone in the discussion areas - really like her - think because she has been around awhile everyone thinks she's not that good - I found her interesting and entertaining - like her as much as Grafton.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (15 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors M - O  / Muller, Marcia

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: