Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  /

Dereske, Jo

Jo Dereske Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

Jo Dereske's series features inquisitive librarian/amateur-sleuth Helma Zukas as the heroine. The series is set in the Pacific Northwest as Miss Zukas takes us along on her library-related murder-solving ride. Titles include: Miss Zukas and the Library Murders; Miss Zukas and the Raven's Dance; Miss Zukas and the Stroke of Death; Miss Zukas and the Island Murders and Out of Circulation.

Please discuss this author's work below.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (2 previous messages)
Marinelle Carter - 06:31am Nov 9, 1998 PST(#3 of 34)

I recommend the Ruby Crane series by this author--I didn't like the library series. The Ruby Crane books should be read from the beginning.

Harriet Haynes - 06:30am Feb 3, 1999 PST(#4 of 34)

I believe Miss Zukas and the Library Murders is the first in the series. I love Miss Zukas and Boy Cat! I believe each book in the series is a little better, at least so far. I have Final Notice, but haven't read it yet. I haven't read any of Dereske's other books, guess I need to try some.

Jennifer Woodward - 03:09pm Jun 10, 1999 PST(#5 of 34)

I've read all the Miss Zukas and Ruby Crane books ands I'm waiting for new of either. I am a librarian and the Miss Zukas books are slight exaggerations of usual library types. After reading these you may not view your librarians the same again

April Acton - 02:53pm Jul 18, 1999 PST(#6 of 34)

What are the Ruby Crane books? Is this the series about the mother and her brain-injured daughter? I've read those and they're good but I don't remember her name being Ruby. Miss Zukas is the best! I love her "silver dime" voice. Ruth is the perfect foil for her.

Diana Romano - 09:47pm Feb 11, 2000 PST(#7 of 34)

I have enjoyed all Jo Dereske books and I just read the last book in her Miss Zukas series. I think she writes very well and all her book were very entertaining.

Denise Walker - 09:38am Mar 8, 2000 PST(#8 of 34)

I am a librarian also and I love to read any mystery dealing with books, bookstores, and libraries. I will read these, thanks.

nancy - 12:25pm Apr 15, 2000 PST(#9 of 34)

You really have to work in a library to appreciate the humor in the Miss Zukas series. Jo Dereske does this perfectly

Diana Gotsch - 02:34pm Jul 3, 2000 PST(#10 of 34)

I work in a library. I have sat in the breakroom reading one of the Miss Zukas books thinking all right who around here is secretly writing these.

Denise Walker - 12:17pm Sep 8, 2000 PST(#11 of 34)

I love it a book just for us. That is what I thought when I read the first Zukas book. I am always reading mystery books about book people. They have had book dealrs, collectors, writers, and now a librarian. Isn't that great. She is great also. Will her and the chief get married ?

Diana Gotsch - 04:59am Sep 19, 2000 PST(#12 of 34)

I'm not sure Miss Zukas is ready to share her life with a man. Let's see how she does with Boy Cat Zukas first.

Debra Clanton - 01:15pm Sep 20, 2000 PST(#13 of 34)

I love the Miss Zukas mysteries; just finished all of them and eagerly awaiting the latest. I am getting a little frustrated over the "romance" of Miss Zukas and the Chief. It could progress just a wee bit quicker!

Fran Hinkel - 10:27am Nov 30, 2000 PST(#14 of 34)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Coming in Paperback:

Miss Zukas Shelves the Evidence (12/00)

Debbie Flathers - 10:33pm Jan 20, 2001 PST(#15 of 34)

I have recently discovered Miss Zukas, and love her! I also, would like to see her "romance" with the Chief go forward. She is kind of refreshing. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books!

Fran Hinkel - 09:30am Feb 1, 2001 PST(#16 of 34)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Miss Zukas Shelves the Evidence will be available February 15. You can order it right now, through our affiliation with Barnes and Noble and it will be shipped as soon as it is available! Just click on the link on the left to MysteryBooks at Barnes and Noble.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (18 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / List of Authors  / List of Authors C - D  / Dereske, Jo

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: