Nancy Drew Books | Nancy Drew Games | Nancy Drew Auctions | Knowing Nancy Drew and Carolyn Keene | Discuss Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Games Buy Nancy Drew Games
Support this website: Buy your games through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Games
Nancy Drew Books Buy Nancy Drew Books
Support this website: Buy your books through our affiliation with Amazon. Browse Nancy Drew Books

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Miscellaneous Nancy Discussions  /

The Fun of Nancy Drew Mysteries

What do you like about Nancy Drew mysteries?

Share your thoughts-- post a message below.

- 08:59am Sep 2, 1998 PST(#1 of 2650) Delete Message

They are great starter mysteries for youngsters

lookingfornancy - 11:59am Sep 2, 1998 PST(#2 of 2650)
Hypers Nancy !

Nancy has a great deal of freedom ,tenacity and confidence . These qualities make it possible for her to lead a very adventurous life & thats what makes the books such fun to read!

"Helen Corning" - 07:54pm Sep 3, 1998 PST(#3 of 2650)

Everything! Nancy Drew was such an enjoyable and important part of my growing up years and I treasure my collection. I particularly loved the mysteries in which she traveled to intriguing places. She had so much freedom.

Hi, lookingfornancy. Great new site, huh?

lookingfornancy - 08:39am Sep 4, 1998 PST(#4 of 2650)
Hypers Nancy !

Hi Helen! It is great! Have you noticed that our messages from mysterynet are logged in under ' over the decades'here?I'll have to think about which traveling Nancy I like best. Probably The Hidden Window or The Haunted Showboat.

Jimmy Millsaps - 11:11am Sep 4, 1998 PST(#5 of 2650)

Hi Helen C. and Lookingfornancy!

Hey, this is cool! The thing I like best about ND books is hard to say...so let's just say that they are thoroughly enjoyable, she gets to go to different places (all over the world) and she has a great group of friends to help her out. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here!

carol dierksen - 01:54pm Sep 4, 1998 PST(#6 of 2650)

Hi all,

Glad to see everyone here. I was a voracious reader in elementary school. I could get lost in Nancy Drew books forever. My friend Ann and I even made up a game to play with the charactors.

Brynn - 06:05am Sep 5, 1998 PST(#7 of 2650)

I think that Nancy Drew books are really good because they have a lot of mystery in them and they are very exiting,i really hope they will put them on movies!!!!!

A FRIEND

_Sunshine_ - 07:09am Sep 5, 1998 PST(#8 of 2650)
...redefining Normal, one day at a time.

Hi, Carol. :o)

Please, do tell. I'm curious about that game you played with your friends... ;o)

lookingfornancy - 08:23am Sep 5, 1998 PST(#9 of 2650)
Hypers Nancy !

Brynne- There are movies!Four of them to be exact. They were made in the late 30's. I ordered my copies from blockbuster videos.I haven't seen them yet because they haven't arrived! But I'm expecting them any day now. There was also a television series in the late 70's & those episodes are also available. There is also a Nancy Drew tv series based on the Nancy Drew Files that has aired on Sat. mornings .I think it might have been cancelled but I'll check for you.

"Helen Corning" - 09:29am Sep 5, 1998 PST(#10 of 2650)

lookingfornancy--

I didn't know any Nancy movies had been made that long ago! Let us know what you think of them. I have mixed feelings about the movies/TV shows. Somehow they never quite live up to the Nancy of my imagination.

Alan Liu - 10:24am Sep 5, 1998 PST(#11 of 2650)

Hello I'm reading Nancy Drew Books and think there great. When I started I didn't like them very much but I still read them. And now I'm hooked!

_Sunshine_ - 12:06pm Sep 5, 1998 PST(#12 of 2650)
...redefining Normal, one day at a time.

I did see the one on tv I think Lookingfornancy is talking about. She had brown hair, though! Sorry, just couldn't get over it. In the books, it's very clear that she's blonde, and that's how I've always pictured her.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2638 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Nancy Drew Grownups Discussions  / Miscellaneous Nancy Discussions  / The Fun of Nancy Drew Mysteries