Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Mystery Conventions and Organizations  /

Mystery Organizations

Post a message about mystery organizations, clubs, and associations. Meet up with other mystery fans and writers, discuss organizations' events and your experiences.

Click here for MysteryNet's list of Mystery Organizations, with detailed info.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (29 previous messages)
whitney vale - 01:51pm Jan 26, 1999 PST(#30 of 49)

Barbara, just checked in. thank you so much for going to the trouble to find that information.

Lt. Columbo - 09:18pm Feb 7, 1999 PST(#31 of 49)

Does anyone know of any Sherlock Holmes or Columbo fan clubs?

The Watcher - 12:44pm Feb 15, 1999 PST(#32 of 49)

There is information on the Dorothy L. Sayers Society and many other Mystery Organizations at MysteryNet's list of Mystery Organizations. Just click on the link at the top of the discussion to go there.

Here is what is listed for the Dorothy L. Sayers Society:

Dorothy L. Sayers Society
The Society was founded in 1976 to promote the study of the life, works and thoughts of Dorothy L. Sayers (1893-1957), a noted scholar and the creator of the ineffable Lord Peter Wimsey. It acts as a forum and central resource, putting members in touch with other workers and sources of information, and providing for study purposes material not otherwise available. It sponsors an annual seminar convention, publishes the proceedings, and commemorates Sayers with plaques and notices as the opportunity offers.

Information: Christopher Dean, Chairman, The Dorothy L Sayers Society, Rose Cottage, Malthouse Lane, Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex, BN6 9JY England, +44 (1273) 833444, info@sayers.org.uk

kirsten b - 09:28am Sep 21, 1999 PST(#33 of 49)

Are there any clubs in the Missouri/ Illinois Area?

Zach Bissonnette - 08:45am Feb 23, 2000 PST(#34 of 49)

For antholigies of mystery stories, subscribe to "Alfred Hitchock Mystery Magazine", or "Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine".

Julia Selleck - 03:03pm Jul 21, 2000 PST(#35 of 49)

Does anyone know if Joseph Harrington, author of three Sgt. Kerrigan books (The Last Doorbell, Last Known Address and Blind Spot), wrote under any other name? I have been trying to find more books by him for many years.

Andrew Hart - 03:48pm Aug 11, 2000 PST(#36 of 49)

Does any body have any Kids solve it your self mini Mysterys. What I am after is a website with only lots and lots and lots of Mysterys on it. Some I want to be easy and some hard. I dont think there will be such a Website but email me a quick as Possible with a Website In mind. Thankyou

Mary Margaret Nilan - 09:03am Sep 10, 2000 PST(#37 of 49)
Author

Andrew- Don't know if this is what would suit the bill, but try mightywords.com which has about 200 mysteries under mystery/thriller classification alone. My guess is that about 80 of these are short mysteries. You can read summary, author's bio, and reader reviews before purchasing. Most short stories at $2. They are not mini-mysteries per se. I have had my mini-mysteries published in "Woman's World" and the limit is 1,000 words for mini-mystery and I think 1,500 words for mystery.net. But WW is weekly and available at check-out counter at all grocery stores. My short mysteries on mightywords run from 1800 words to 5000 words, which is true of most on that site. Better opportunity to develop a complex plot and more in-depth characters. MARY MARGARET NILAN suspense8me@yahoo.com

Warren Ross - 01:22pm Dec 26, 2001 PST(#38 of 49)

Does anyone know the addresses to subscribe to the "Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine" or the "Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine"?

WhisperingStatue - 10:58pm May 22, 2002 PST(#39 of 49)

Is the ND Add-On site still active? No one seems to be posting there and I wrote an installment but it has never appeared. Just curious.

Fran Hinkel - 07:32am Jun 5, 2002 PST(#40 of 49)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Yes, the discussions are still active. Just click on the link in the blue area to the left of your screen for Nancy Drew.

Paul Mansfield - 01:52am Feb 18, 2003 PST(#41 of 49)
Guest User

Haunted London guided walking tours www.tourguides.org.uk

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (8 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Mystery Conventions and Organizations  / Mystery Organizations

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: