Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / MysteryNet Mystery Parties by Members  /

Comments and/or Suggestions

This folder is for general information and any questions that may arise for this section of MysteryNet.

If you have an idea for a mystery Party and would like to host please email me the rough outline and/or any information you have. I will contact any and all who send ideas.

Please no chit chat!!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (163 previous messages)
Martha Dumas - 08:53am Jun 24, 2009 PST(#164 of 279)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

Several people were sufficiently amused by some of the goings-on in the latest MP as to submit them for the P&G Hall of Fame. I see there have been MP "Whammies" in the past, but not recently. Anyone interested in resuming them?

Chris Wise - 03:41pm Jun 24, 2009 PST(#165 of 279)
Every day, do one thing that scares you.

What's a whammy? What's a whammy?

reallllllly want to know . . . .

bella wanella - 03:47pm Jun 24, 2009 PST(#166 of 279)

Its's like the Oscars or Tonys for our Mystery Parties!! *applause applause*

Raeboy - 03:54pm Jun 24, 2009 PST(#167 of 279)

I would love to participate in the Whammies (dusting off my old tux).

BrashNZ - 07:02pm Jun 24, 2009 PST(#168 of 279)
My real name is Ashley, I play Brass, I live in New Zealand. So you can just call me Ashley or Ash if you want.

Yes. I think there should be Whammies after every MP.

Jaime Lynn - 10:19pm Jun 25, 2009 PST(#169 of 279)
So shines a good deed in a weary world - Willy Wonka

I agree!

Jinx - 02:28pm Jun 26, 2009 PST(#170 of 279)
All you need is a chip and a chair. Shuffle up and deal!

What was done in the past was that the host would have categories for awards (best male/female character, funniest male/female character, etc.) after an individual MP was played....the Whammies are like the Oscars but you would need to have more MPs played in order to have one (before it almost to 10 MPs per whammy but considering the slowness now I would put it at 5 to get a good show going)

Martha Dumas - 11:41am Jun 27, 2009 PST(#171 of 279)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

Well, the last round of Whammies went up to #41 and we just finished #48. *hint, hint*

Audrey Hepburn - 04:41pm Jun 27, 2009 PST(#172 of 279)
And I knew that triple latte meant that Taylor loved me too!

We tried to do a Whammies quite some time ago and even then, it was too far away to successfully round up nominations for the older MPs. (Also, it's not necessarily fair: the older MPs would be at a disadvantage for voting.)

BrashNZ - 07:51pm Jun 27, 2009 PST(#173 of 279)
My real name is Ashley, I play Brass, I live in New Zealand. So you can just call me Ashley or Ash if you want.

Is the suggestion, or thought, that we should do Whammies for several MPs all at once? That would seem to be difficult considering the last MP (#47) before The Manor was 18mths ago. And then we go back another 15 mths to #46.
Multi-Party Whammies would be okay if we have two or three MPs in one year (the parallel being the Oscars, where there are many movies being made within the one year time frame). And that could still happen. But otherwise I would support having "Whammies" (or maybe "mini-Whammies") for each Mystery Party.

Just a thought .... has anyone thought of doing a MP based around the Whammies?

_Jersey_Girl_ - 04:09pm Jul 13, 2009 PST(#174 of 279)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

Can MPs be repeated, with some alterations? I loved The Ultimate Race and was thinking that if it is allowed, doing another one, throwing in tasks to get their next clue.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (105 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / MysteryNet Mystery Parties by Members  / Comments and/or Suggestions

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: