•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  /

What (or Who) Should I Read Next?

Need a suggestion? What's the best newly published mystery you've read lately? Have any suggestions for other MysteryNet.com viewers?
Please Note: To discuss an author in more depth, go to the Authors Folder and add a discussion if you don't see the one you want already there. To discuss a genre or theme of mysteries, go to the Genres & Themes Folder and add a discussion if you don't see the one you want already there.

PLEASE remember that not everyone will have read the whole book or know everything about the author that is being discussed. If you MUST discuss crucial plot information that could potentially spoil the ending of a book for someone (e.g., if somebody in the book dies), PLEASE WARN other community members by noting it at the top of your posting.

Are you looking for that next great book or author? You will want to check out our all new Book Reviews to see the latest offerings. Please take a moment to comment on the review and tell us if it sounds interesting to you.

PUBLISHERS are invited to submit copies for review by contacting notifymysterynet@google.com

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (999 previous messages)
DeeGee - 08:58am Jun 1, 2013 PST(#1000 of 1002)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

I've been a total "girl" recently and read the "Spying in High Heels Mysteries" by Gemma Halliday. Gave me a giggle and a mystery thrown in. Worth the read if you want something that's a light hearted mystery. IMHO.

Now started on the Calamity Jayne series. Done the first book which held my attention enough to go onto the next.

Again a light hearted mystery. I don't feel in the mood to concentrate on anything too heavy at the moment.

I've just passed all of my Peter Robinson books onto my Mum, she's been engrossed in them. Also another writer that I recommend. :o)

kirsten b - 09:15am Aug 8, 2013 PST(#1001 of 1002)

I have been reading the "Jack Daniels" series by J. A. Konrath. They are good books. Too bad I couldn't get them in order. I already know what happens later because I have had to go back and forth.

Fran Hinkel - 09:06am Sep 7, 2015 PST(#1002 of 1002)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

My all time favorites are the Alex Cross novels by James Patterson. Think the last one, "The Return of Alex Cross" might be one of the best yet. Also reading another of his, Truth or Die, not an Alex Cross one but really has me hooked. Every time I think I've found a spot to take a break, I keep on reading. I think that is one of Patterson's strongest hooks!

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / What (or Who) Should I Read Next?

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: