•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (78 previous messages)
Alex Dent - 01:20pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#79 of 1770)

I've been keeping quite quiet about this but I'm going to post just so people can know my intentions.

1. If MN is going to become a paying site then I'm going to want an upgrade in service. A lot of things here are a little bit slapdash (broken links) and I'm going to be talking to the management. However the lack of banner ads is a good start!

2. The management have handled this appallingly. Less than a month to go and we're only just being told? However I have written to the management a few times and never recieved a reply so I'm not surprised. This too will have to change.

3. Most of what makes this part of MN is provided for free by the members (MPs, teasers etc.). I'm not against that even in a paying site but it's still a fact to be considered.

4. I doubt that MN could squeeze us very much for prices because the service they provide isn't that far above that which we could get for free. (However it is more than we could get for free normally I think).

5. I don't like the fact that certain people got infomation about prices and stuff before others. I don't think any one person should be singled out like that - it is unfair to them and to the rest of us. I'd like to thank that person for forwarding me the info.

All of that said...

I'd like to follow Nem's lead and say that I'll probably be taking up the introductory offer at least. This site IS worth the money they are talking about - even with fees and exchange rates. If it all goes wrong then I'll use the thiry-day offer to back out.

.alex

_______________________________________________ - 01:52pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#80 of 1770)

I will admit to also being one of those people who received a letter before anyone else did. I am not sure how they chose us, but the letter specifically asked us not to notify the others at MN because an official announcement would be made. I am sorry if this is seen as a betrayal.

Sunnybrook - 02:13pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#81 of 1770)
If all I wanted was attention, I'd be naked.

I feel that this site is a good site, and is worth the money they are asking..

However, I agree with Alex, management does need to be more involved and needs to be more professional in several areas... I hope that this will be one of the changes that we can expect to see..

Barbie - 02:43pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#82 of 1770)
It's been a while

I feel that this is a wonderful site, and well worth the money. However, I will not be returning. I'm saving for college, because I want to go out of state. My parents have two other kids to put through college, so I am trying to pay my own way through scholarships and my job. However, I will return as soon as I am financially capable. I'll miss this site, though. (((FRAN))) I don't want you to think we're ganging up on you.. I realize this is just a natural course of events for a buisiness, and I've thouroughly enjoyed my last 2 years here, thanks largely to you *HUGS* Thank you so much :o)

babypunkin :o) - 02:47pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#83 of 1770)
We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect.-- Sorilea (Wise One from WOT) in "Lord of Chaos"

BARBIE!!!!!!!! Oh i've missed you!!!!!!

((((((((((((((barbie))))))))))))))))))

Barbie - 02:48pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#84 of 1770)
It's been a while

BP!!! You're back!!!

(((((((((((((BP))))))))))))))) I've missed you too!!! Where've you been?

babypunkin :o) - 02:49pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#85 of 1770)
We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect.-- Sorilea (Wise One from WOT) in "Lord of Chaos"

come to the cozy kitchen folder.... everyone is there!

Barbie - 02:51pm Dec 7, 2000 PST(#86 of 1770)
It's been a while

'kay :o)

Fran Hinkel - 10:43am Dec 8, 2000 PST(#87 of 1770)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

(((((Barbie!!!)))))

Raindear - 12:11am Dec 10, 2000 PST(#88 of 1770)
God is not a jerk--Scott Hovey (my bible study leader)

Yikes! What happened to this place! Seriously take a year off, and everything is in an uproar!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1682 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: