I've been keeping quite quiet about this but I'm going to post just so people can know my intentions.
1. If MN is going to become a paying site then I'm going to want an upgrade in service. A lot of things here are a little bit slapdash (broken links) and I'm going to be talking to the management. However the lack of banner ads is a good start!
2. The management have handled this appallingly. Less than a month to go and we're only just being told? However I have written to the management a few times and never recieved a reply so I'm not surprised. This too will have to change.
3. Most of what makes this part of MN is provided for free by the members (MPs, teasers etc.). I'm not against that even in a paying site but it's still a fact to be considered.
4. I doubt that MN could squeeze us very much for prices because the service they provide isn't that far above that which we could get for free. (However it is more than we could get for free normally I think).
5. I don't like the fact that certain people got infomation about prices and stuff before others. I don't think any one person should be singled out like that - it is unfair to them and to the rest of us. I'd like to thank that person for forwarding me the info.
All of that said...
I'd like to follow Nem's lead and say that I'll probably be taking up the introductory offer at least. This site IS worth the money they are talking about - even with fees and exchange rates. If it all goes wrong then I'll use the thiry-day offer to back out.