•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (107 previous messages)
Melantha - 10:15am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#108 of 1770)
"Crouched upon a rock or tree...It eats either you or me...It needs neither knife nor bowl...Drinks your blood out of your skull." ~Heather Alexander

Ok, suggestion, I have noticed that people tend to send e-mails back and forth, letting each other know by posting here on MN, often in the kitchen... What if we created a folder specifically for that purpose, to let other MNers know when they have e-mail. I think it would help so that there are fewer distractions in other folders during a converstaion and also some people get annoyed by posts telling other people that they have mail, this could help solve that problem too.

Atanua- 8^) - 10:16am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#109 of 1770)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

Why don't we just stop telling eachother on MN that someone has mail. Seems a lot easier ... **snicker**

Melantha - 10:18am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#110 of 1770)
"Crouched upon a rock or tree...It eats either you or me...It needs neither knife nor bowl...Drinks your blood out of your skull." ~Heather Alexander

That would work too but I don't see it happening *giggles*

Sunnybrook - 10:20am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#111 of 1770)
If all I wanted was attention, I'd be naked.

yes, I had to wad through about 30 such messeges the other day.. "goal" 'homerun"...etc..

It is kind of annoying...

Jenner - 10:22am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#112 of 1770)
A friend threatened to jump off a cliff, but I knew it was just a bluff. ;)

Esp. when they're checking their e-mail every five minutes anyway. They're going to get the e-mail whether you post it on MN or not.

Melantha - 10:27am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#113 of 1770)

• nods* Anyway, I think it would be nice if a special folder were created for that purpose... since we all know it's not going to stop

• Sunnybrook - 10:29am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#114 of 1770)

By the way.. Mel..

I did NOT send you any email...

Hmmm... I wonder if we did that, would it be equally annoying...

Melantha - 10:32am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#115 of 1770)

ROFL and I did NOT send you any mail Sunny

You know I bet it would be... but a folder for posts saying "you have mail" would probably still be best

*is mildly surprised someone didn't think of it and speak up sooner*

Sunnybrook - 10:35am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#116 of 1770)

That might work.. even if it doesn't get used, when they do start doing that, we have a folder we can send them too...

and it would just be a matter of them subbing to the folder...

Melantha - 10:38am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#117 of 1770)

exactly, and it's easy to sub to a folder then just ignore the posts in that folder

Ze Moi - 10:39am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#118 of 1770)
    "I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me." --Tool

*whistling away innocently*

Sunnybrook - 10:43am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#119 of 1770)

oh, hi Ze...

I didn't send you any email either... sorry...

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1651 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: