•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (117 previous messages)
Ze Moi - 10:39am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#118 of 1770)
"I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me." --Tool

*whistling away innocently*

Sunnybrook - 10:43am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#119 of 1770)
If all I wanted was attention, I'd be naked.

oh, hi Ze...

I didn't send you any email either... sorry...

Ze Moi - 10:44am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#120 of 1770)
"I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me." --Tool

Good, 'cause i didn't send you any.

Melantha - 10:46am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#121 of 1770)
"Crouched upon a rock or tree...It eats either you or me...It needs neither knife nor bowl...Drinks your blood out of your skull." ~Heather Alexander

Good thing cause I didn't send any to either of you

Good Bye - 11:19am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#122 of 1770)

It is a good idea Mel...though I do not get email from MNers.

Fran Hinkel - 11:25am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#123 of 1770)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I don't know about a special folder for this, I tend to agree with Gerdje, we should just stop doing it. It has a tendency to leave others feeling left out. It is one thing to post to someone to check their mail when it is about something important that can't wait, and another to just keep posting back and forth to check your mail. I say we stop doing that. Any other comments from others on this?

seraphonica - 11:31am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#124 of 1770)
"One day I'm going to drop a bomb on this city. A contraceptive bomb." -Spider Jerusalem

It should be easy enough. After all, most of us check our e-mail regularly, (myself discluded) and have messenger services.

Melantha - 11:35am Apr 17, 2001 PST(#125 of 1770)
"Crouched upon a rock or tree...It eats either you or me...It needs neither knife nor bowl...Drinks your blood out of your skull." ~Heather Alexander

• nods* I agree that we should just stop... just wasn't sure if it could/would happen... and t'was just an idea and one to be considered if it doesn't stop

• Mimi - 12:14pm Apr 17, 2001 PST(#126 of 1770)

I agree with you, Fran! Unless it is something urgent, or is in relation to the topic (Like in a Gathering folder, posting that you have emailed all the gatherers about some plans)

daffodil - 12:26pm Apr 17, 2001 PST(#127 of 1770)

hicount; you have mail. *g*

Good Bye - 12:29pm Apr 17, 2001 PST(#128 of 1770)

I know Daff, I got it out of my post office box.;-)

Sultry Brunette - 03:22pm Apr 17, 2001 PST(#129 of 1770)
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are, than liked for who you are not~

I don't think it's a good idea for another folder just for that purpose.

I don't see a problem with someone telling another to check their mail if it's included at the bottom or top of another conversation-relevant post. I think what you're all referring to is just posts that announce mail... correct? Yes, that could be highly annoying. lol

Dave Batchelder - 03:51pm Apr 17, 2001 PST(#130 of 1770)
    "Fragile. Do not drop." - Found on Boeing 757

Ah... never mind.

*shutting up... this message will self-destruct very soon*

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1640 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: