•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (137 previous messages)
Fran Hinkel - 10:58am Apr 18, 2001 PST(#138 of 1770)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I don't see that as being the same either. Some people are not in the same areas where people are saying goodbye. And, we're known here for giving people warm welcomes! LOL!

chi cerca - 12:46pm Apr 18, 2001 PST(#139 of 1770)
they can destroy our bodies and our ponchos, but they can never silence our song of protest! **singing** uptown girl, she's been living in her white-bread world ...

lol! yes, we are! *giggle* welcome to wednesday, fran ;o) (((((fran)))))

Dave Batchelder - 04:32pm Apr 18, 2001 PST(#140 of 1770)
"Fragile. Do not drop." - Found on Boeing 757

Forget about it. It's just me.

And no, I wasn't referring to the MP.

I would delete my message... but as Confucious once said, "Making site Community Leader look bad is asking for trouble."

Puma - 12:42am Apr 19, 2001 PST(#141 of 1770)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The suggestion for an email announcement folder was a joke, right?

Please, let it be true...

daffodil - 01:15am Apr 19, 2001 PST(#142 of 1770)

Ha ha ha ha

Melantha - 10:51am Apr 19, 2001 PST(#143 of 1770)
"Crouched upon a rock or tree...It eats either you or me...It needs neither knife nor bowl...Drinks your blood out of your skull." ~Heather Alexander

No Puma it wasn't a joke and while it wasn't such a good idea it did get the subject out and get other to talk about it which I guess was the whole reason I made the suggestion... Does that make sense?

White Tornado - 11:51am Apr 19, 2001 PST(#144 of 1770)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

I tend to agree, emergencies, MPs & Gaths may warrant reason to announce having sent an email, esp if someone may have gone thru their email "sub". I tend to check emails 1st, then come to MN.
Y & Hot ANNOUNCE you have new mail & from who so saying so in MN is often redundant anyway. Thus for MN's sake one may wish to use an email acct which alerts to new emails.
Further, once you have estab the contact if you indeed need to alert to an email it does seem frivilous to post you have responded, esp in event of multi re~mails. Sultry does make a point, can include it as an < I > to a post.
I would think such alerts would be limited to the parties being online at the time, guessing percentage wise most would check emails prior to surfing.

FOOTNOTE: When I send an email to self, usually to add a subj line to ID what was sent, the MSN alert flashes even b4 my screen changes to email has been sent!

Puma - 02:29am Apr 30, 2001 PST(#145 of 1770)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It always makes sense to talk things over, even when it means cranky old felines might get involved. ;^D

Nemesis - 02:48am Apr 30, 2001 PST(#146 of 1770)
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Working late, Puma?

Puma - 03:10am Apr 30, 2001 PST(#147 of 1770)

No, just an internal struggle that's keeping me awake.

But, then.., it is work-related.

Bren - 03:13am Apr 30, 2001 PST(#148 of 1770)
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman--Virginia Woolf

wow.... never see that feline here at this time....

Hi Puma!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1622 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: