•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (203 previous messages)
Dave Batchelder - 07:45pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#204 of 1770)
"Fragile. Do not drop." - Found on Boeing 757

Those are the ones I could think of off of the top of my head.

Spirit - 07:45pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#205 of 1770)
"I can't do it all on my own, I'm no Superman" - Scrubs Theme

well, that's not exclusive it's inclusive I mean, if everyone was just scattered everywhere, it would be less comforting to be here, because there would be fewer people where you go that have the same interests. And, isn't that what this site is about? (That, and the mystery/riddles)

Dave Batchelder - 07:46pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#206 of 1770)

Really hating to elaborate, but I notice that smaller subgroups of people generally chat with other people in that subgroup, with only occasional intermixing.

Alexia *g* - 07:49pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#207 of 1770)
Give a man a hand...and he'll run it all over you. - Mae West

Don't you think that could be due to different time zones and/or work schedules?

Dave Batchelder - 07:50pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#208 of 1770)

And this may very well be just my hormonal, high school perspective, and the more mature adults probably don't see or care. In which case I wouldn't mind taking a little bit of a brief absence.

Dave Batchelder - 07:53pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#209 of 1770)

Yes, I do realize that time zones come into play here.

Francois - 08:06pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#210 of 1770)
Lady Astor : Mr. Churchill, you are despicably drunk. Churchill : Yes, Lady, and you are ugly. Yet, tomorrow I will be sober...

In fact I do not think that these subdivisions affect the quality of MN and the comfort that we can feel in the site.

I think that the idea of everyone talking to everyone is simply utopian.

What do you propose Dave?

Dave Batchelder - 08:09pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#211 of 1770)

I understand that there can't be a utopia...

Maybe I'm in the minority, and should recognize that I'm in the minority, and shut up.

Tuppence Beresford - 08:10pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#212 of 1770)
The higher the pedestal you put someone on, the farther you grow from them

Dave, I'm glad Copernicus didn't think that way...

Francois - 08:11pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#213 of 1770)
Lady Astor : Mr. Churchill, you are despicably drunk. Churchill : Yes, Lady, and you are ugly. Yet, tomorrow I will be sober...

No, don't shut up, the only way to progress is to communicate with each other and to consider everyone else's ideas. That's democracy (another utopia) but we have to tend to it...

I would just like to know what are your propositions to solve this hierarchy problem?

Dave Batchelder - 08:14pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#214 of 1770)

Propositions? I don't have any. I couldn't and wouldn't force everybody to do anything like that against their free will.

chi cerca - 08:15pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#215 of 1770)
they can destroy our bodies and our ponchos, but they can never silence our song of protest! **singing** uptown girl, she's been living in her white-bread world ...

dave, if you're in a minority, it's a minority of at least two ;o)

i'm on the phone right now but i do have a bit to add... either later or tomorrow

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1555 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: