•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (214 previous messages)
chi cerca - 08:15pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#215 of 1770)
they can destroy our bodies and our ponchos, but they can never silence our song of protest! **singing** uptown girl, she's been living in her white-bread world ...

dave, if you're in a minority, it's a minority of at least two ;o)

i'm on the phone right now but i do have a bit to add... either later or tomorrow

Francois - 08:17pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#216 of 1770)
Lady Astor : Mr. Churchill, you are despicably drunk. Churchill : Yes, Lady, and you are ugly. Yet, tomorrow I will be sober...

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults...

I am not saying that I do not agree with your opinion. But all I say is that it should not be a reason to stop coming here. What is the real problem Dave? Do you think you don't get along with the other MNers?

Mimi - 08:19pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#217 of 1770)

Dave, I agree with you completely.

And I don't want to start any arguments so that's all I want to post on the matter.

Also as a side note, Dave I think you are a very smart and friendly person, and a great member of MN and I love seeing you come here!

Francois - 08:22pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#218 of 1770)
Lady Astor : Mr. Churchill, you are despicably drunk. Churchill : Yes, Lady, and you are ugly. Yet, tomorrow I will be sober...

I thought this was supposed to be a chat room where we discussed problems and solutions to solve those specific problems...

Shouting the problems without proposing anything will not solve too much...

Dave Batchelder - 08:23pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#219 of 1770)
"Fragile. Do not drop." - Found on Boeing 757

No, it's not that I don't get along with them...

Only that by nature, I worry. A lot. So, I already have the worst case scenario in mind. In that case, a temporary absence would be best.

Francois - 08:25pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#220 of 1770)

Could you describe that scenario?

Let me guess : you are afraid that people will hate you because you think MN is subdivided, and that you will be considered as a jerk by other MNers...?

Dave Batchelder - 08:26pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#221 of 1770)
"Fragile. Do not drop." - Found on Boeing 757

I guess my only suggestion would be to ask everyone to be more open?

Francois - 08:28pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#222 of 1770)

Human beings naturally split in little groups. They stick with people who have similar interests, and with who they feel comfortable.

Francois - 08:31pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#223 of 1770)

And may I add, there is nothing wrong about this.

Mimi - 08:34pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#224 of 1770)

Dave, let me tell you, due to my moving all over the country (sigh) I have met many MN'ers over the past few years. And never have I ever heard anyone say a negative comment about you! I told you I think you are smart and friendly and a good member of MN and it would really surprise me if anyone thought any differently.

About cliques, I do agree with you. But I DON'T think this is a reason for you to leave MN or that people are purposely excluding others. I think it's more that people who meet a lot, spend more time together, come on at the same time zone, or have more in common in general tend to be friendlier with each other than with others.

Francois - 08:37pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#225 of 1770)

You got it, Mimi!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1545 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: