•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (224 previous messages)
Francois - 08:37pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#225 of 1770)
Lady Astor : Mr. Churchill, you are despicably drunk. Churchill : Yes, Lady, and you are ugly. Yet, tomorrow I will be sober...

You got it, Mimi!

Dave Batchelder - 08:38pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#226 of 1770)
"Fragile. Do not drop." - Found on Boeing 757

I am aware of this. We are, indeed, all here because of a liking of mysteries.

And I'm not saying that everyone here isn't polite. Curtsies such as "Hello," "How are you," and "Good bye!" are given. I'm not saying people here aren't nice.

However, conversation with other people seems to be lacking. I'm not saying you have to become their best friend; if the opportunity arises, however, it won't kill you to talk a little bit.

Jeandiata - 08:45pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#227 of 1770)
It's time to try defying gravity

Dave - check your email

Dave Batchelder - 08:47pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#228 of 1770)

Jean - responded.

Mimi - 08:55pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#229 of 1770)

Dave, I agree with you on that -- that there should be more chatting instead of just "hello" and "goodbye". When I first came to MN, during the time I lived in California, I always made it an active point to try and include everyone and make people feel welcome. Lately, because my life has been much crazier, I guess I haven't been as chatty and friendly to everyone as I used to be -- so I'm sorry about that and thank you for reminding me.

I think another problem is when people use the common chat folders just to talk about planning the next gathering, or talking about the last one, it kind of excludes all the other people who weren't there.

arbron - 09:03pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#230 of 1770)
I'm out searching for myself. If I come back before I get back, tell me to stay here.

You know, being the introvert I am, I'm not all that talkative, so... ah, forget it... :-p~~~~ I am quite the introvert, however. Almost considered antisocial by some people.

But should we move this to another discussion or is it fine here?

-arbron

arbron - 09:12pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#231 of 1770)
I'm out searching for myself. If I come back before I get back, tell me to stay here.

Well, I suppose it doesn't matter where we take it since I seem to have scared everyone away with my, er, antisociality. ;-)

-arbron

Dave Batchelder - 09:20pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#232 of 1770)

Oh yes, you're like me. I get called antisocial all the time... why? I make sure to say at least 50 words a day! (But no more than 250, otherwise, I'll explode)

arbron - 09:30pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#233 of 1770)

Wow, 50? I only managed that much when I was in law... ;-)

-arbron

Garry "Dr" Watson - 10:07pm Jun 30, 2001 PST(#234 of 1770)
them's the breaks breaks breaks

actually Dave I don't see a real problem..

sure there are groups who interract more with each other but I have never seen them exclude anyone else from joining in. Obviously until you know someone better you are (or should be) more careful with what you say which could look a little standoffish to an outsider..

and Mimi I actually disagree with this "I think another problem is when people use the common chat folders just to talk about planning the next gathering, or talking about the last one, it kind of excludes all the other people who weren't there."..I think the fact that it is all out in the open INCLUDES everyone else in the topic which is a really friendly way to go. Would you prefer they made comments to each other as hints thereby excluding everyone else. Don't you find it annoying when people refer to something you know nothing about ? (I do it occasionally, I understand it BUT it still makes me feel left out ..but then sometimes I'm over sensitive I guess)

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1536 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: