•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (267 previous messages)
White Tornado - 04:19am Jul 3, 2001 PST(#268 of 1770)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

The term may better be suited as.....Clickish.

There is just so many places to go in MN. Of late my time has been reduced by summer activities and singing on the Net.
I have my subs conveniently divided into CHATS....and GAMES.
I have had precious few days to visit the CHATS which this folder is a part. June 19th, post #619 last visit.....and quick Kitchen check 3225+ new posts. Last time over 5000 new posts.
I make a point to get to the GAMES. For one because many times I am hosting a puzzle/s and have response~ibilities to tend to. For another if I miss one puzzle I can get right into the next and still be active.

I don't know where anyone finds the time to be following every teaser, every P&S or P&V or be in every MP. More power to them.

As for me, of course there are times I feel like an outsider. Just as I do at Paltalk where I visit so many of the singing rooms I stretch myself thin on getting to know the regs more closely in each individual room but open myself to some awesome sounds and personalities by spreading out.

MUCH OF WHAT ONE FEELS IS WHERE THEY CHOOSE TO CLICK
And how often. And one must accept the terms of those choices. Esp when one of those choices is RECENT.

I think if you look close when I notice a new name I try to welcome them or when I see an old one as Ember above I embrace the return of their presence for howev long or brief. But in the end it lies with me how much time I spend @ MN and how much power I put into my CLICKS.

Gumbie - 10:10am Jul 4, 2001 PST(#269 of 1770)
Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads

I agree with you, Maxout.

I am probably guilty of being "more friendly" to some people than to others... and I can assure you that it's not intentional. For me, when I first came here, i had a lot more free time than i do now. Quite often I'll start a conversation then have to leave suddenly. Generally, I feel more comfortable running out on people I know very well than on those I don't -- those who know me will understand that I'm not trying to be rude, but those who don't may be upset if I suddenly seem to be ignoring them. So, this is why, in my case, I spend more time talking to those I knwo than those I don't.

Course, the fact that that in itself may bother those I don't have "deeper" conversation with didn't occur to me.. makes sense now that I think of it though.

Shelly Dee - 10:18am Jul 4, 2001 PST(#270 of 1770)
Your value has nothing to do with your valuables.

I think people avoid me because they are afraid I will suddenly launch into a rude divisive political tirade.

I assure you all that if you let me play I'll be good. :)

daffodil - 11:33am Jul 4, 2001 PST(#271 of 1770)

LOL (((((Shelly)))))) ha ha ha

Come on, play! :o)

Aggie - 12:09pm Jul 4, 2001 PST(#272 of 1770)
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ee cummings

She's trouble, Fred, trust me. lol (((((Shelly)))))

(((((MNers))))) I just love this community. :)

Shelly Dee - 12:20pm Jul 4, 2001 PST(#273 of 1770)

(((((Fred)))))

Trouble? Me? PAH

Puma - 08:25pm Jul 4, 2001 PST(#274 of 1770)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Aggie ought to know...

...of course, she also needs to be watched closely! *weg*

Shelly Dee - 08:41pm Jul 4, 2001 PST(#275 of 1770)

a job I am certain you would volunteer for *weg*

Aggie - 09:38pm Jul 4, 2001 PST(#276 of 1770)
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ee cummings

Well, this is a fine thing to come across - don't try to change the subject, Shelly. I imagine I'll be getting to debate shortly - been up to anything lately...hmmmmm?

Puma - 09:49pm Jul 4, 2001 PST(#277 of 1770)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The problem with watching either of you is that you've managed to remain incognito, so I wouldn't know when I was.

Aggie, don't you think that's a rather silly question? You might as well question which side of the sky the sun will appear in tomorrow morning.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1493 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: