•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (290 previous messages)
PookyDragon - 06:04pm Jul 28, 2001 PST(#291 of 1770)
Thwart. Thwart thwart thwart thwart thwart. Wow, say a word enough times and it really sounds silly.

Glad to see you back Sultry. Sure did miss you. :)

Sultry Brunette - 06:06pm Jul 28, 2001 PST(#292 of 1770)
~It is better to be hated for who you are, than liked for who you are not~

Hiya Pooky! Sure did miss you too! Congratulations on your new-bundle-to-be! :o)

daffodil - 07:00am Jul 29, 2001 PST(#293 of 1770)

I'd just like to say; I'm in a brilliant mood [had a great birthday :o)] and I find it sad to see so many arguments here. :o(

I know I'm guilty of all the above and I'm truly sorry.

We all feel left out sometimes, I guess, but please just shake hands and be friends again? :o)

Sultry Brunette - 10:41am Jul 29, 2001 PST(#294 of 1770)
~It is better to be hated for who you are, than liked for who you are not~

Hi daffy! Glad you had a great birthday! :o) I had a pretty great one too. :o)

I didn't intend to not be friends with anyone and didn't mean my words harshly. I'd love the tension to be dropped.

*no tension on my side*

Tuppence Beresford - 01:57pm Jul 29, 2001 PST(#295 of 1770)
The higher the pedestal you put someone on, the farther you grow from them

(((((((Everyone here)))))))

daffodil - 02:11pm Jul 29, 2001 PST(#296 of 1770)

and you (((((((((Tuppy))))))))

Matrix Jacobi - 04:47am Jul 30, 2001 PST(#297 of 1770)
Every morning, we are given 24 golden hours. Even if you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy another one. They are one of the few things in this world that are truly free. Spend them wisely.

RE: is this place clique-esque? yes.

Is that a bad thing? no, because the groups are not exclusive. For example, I can leave posts that I know only certain people will understand (i.e. my video game conversations with Anthony or Arbron); but I'm willing to respond to any further posting questioning what I just wrote.

People naturally tend to seperate themselves into sub-groupings over common interests (be it time zones, topics, age, whatever). The same division happens in all gatherings of people - be it work, school, friends, or anywhere else. If those groups are restrictive as to who they allow to interact with them, then it is a bad thing.

We don't really have that situation here. Yes there are sub-groups, but none (as far as I can tell) are restrictive. Confusing at times, yes; but not exclusive.

I've only been in here for the past few months, and I've already had a few "mis-understandings" with one or two members, but they got resolved, and conversation resumed. I've also had some nice discussions with people that I'd newly met. As far as I can tell, there are no real obstacles to anyone getting into any posting (with certain limits, of course - language abuse, racism, etc... that get moderated) reguardless of what 'grouping' they regularly converse with.

arbron - 08:26pm Jul 31, 2001 PST(#298 of 1770)
I'm out searching for myself. If I come back before I get back, tell me to stay here.

And I always thought that I wasn't being "clique-esque" by staying at home playing video games all day. :-p~~~~~~~~

LOL, I wish... Ah, my beautiful vision for my future... maybe someday, when I retire... ;-)

-arbron

Melantha - 10:31am Aug 1, 2001 PST(#299 of 1770)
"Crouched upon a rock or tree...It eats either you or me...It needs neither knife nor bowl...Drinks your blood out of your skull." ~Heather Alexander

(((Sultry))) Welcome back, I've missed you.

I've kept quiet until now, but I'd like to say that I agree with much of what has been said. I know that personally I can't always follow all conversations so often if/when I feel left out it is as much my fault as anyone's

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1471 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: