•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

I Confess

I Confess was a discussion we had in the early days of MysteyNet. I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see how it goes.

You can confess your truest feelings here or just everyday things.

We are here to listen, so confess away.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (187 previous messages)
kirsten b - 11:32am Oct 22, 2008 PST(#188 of 3115)

I confess my state (Illinois) has started early voting. You have to show a drivers license to vote which is good. I will wait for election day, but apparently some of the polling places are being overwhelmed even this early. The first day they opened there were extremely long lines. Thousands have already voted.

White Tornado - 07:50pm Oct 22, 2008 PST(#189 of 3115)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

Speaking of early voting there is some question as to when early votes are made public. One pundit was trying to say the Dems were trying to use them to disuade Reps from turning out on election day. I would think they would not be allowed to be made public until the state's official balloting ends on election day.

I heard all states have now approved early voting in some manner. Wondering what advantage if any one side might have over the other and what level of potential fraud there might be.

BabyMelany - 08:04pm Oct 22, 2008 PST(#190 of 3115)

Kirs - I went to the mall here and they were all set up there for early voting. The lines weren't so bad and I probably wold have done it then, but Dave & I were in a hurry to Thalia's shoes for the wedding and back to Drake's soccer game. I sorta wish I had done it though. I thought you needed your registration card though. Everyone I saw in line had it out. Mine goes to my old address - long story....and to be legit here....

I confess....I haven't worked out since Thursday and feel very disappointed with myself :(

rubyj - 08:16pm Oct 22, 2008 PST(#191 of 3115)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

I confess feelings of disgust, distrust, disenchantment, discomboObulation about our elections...and I shall probably need 2 sleeping pills come THAT Tuesday night...

Fran Hinkel - 03:32am Oct 23, 2008 PST(#192 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

You and me both, Ruby. You chose just the right words!

BAM - don't look back. Just pat yourself on the back and say you deserved the break and continue on!

WT, for all the coverage we've seen on TV about early voting, it's pretty obvious where the votes are going. There is a lot of fraud going on. Why do we have that, anyway? Election Day should be Election Day. I can see people who are overseas or in the military having the opportunity to have their ballots here in time for the election, but all this other stuff has to go! It leaves things too open for fraud.

And, can anyone tell me why we need organizations like ACORN? No one took me on a bus to register or to vote. And, no one had to convince me to register! As soon as I was old enough, I looked forward to being able to vote. In my opinion, if you are too lazy to register on your own, you shouldn't be voting anyway! What happened to the local election volunteers who assisted the elderly and handicapped to get to a polling place on Election Day? That is all we should be doing to get people to the polls. ACORN is so widely known for its fraud tactics, why do we allow it? As far as I can see, this early voting thing has been a fiasco. I have heard of college kids renting a place so they will have residency to vote in some of the key states! It's just shameful and not what our forefathers intended, I'm sure.

Bella, I understand your granddaughter's reasoning very well. There are a few things I disagree with. I think the President should be elected via the popular vote. If most of the country wants him, why do we leave it to the electoral college to decide? I also think if we have a super president who is doing great things, is well loved and fixing our country, he should be allowed to be elected more than the two terms he currently can be elected. If The People want him, we should be able to have him!

White Tornado - 05:01am Oct 23, 2008 PST(#193 of 3115)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

My sentiments exactly, Fran.
There should be extremely extenuating circumstances for early voting~~~~~~not some, it might rain or snow,,,,,or I may have to get my nails done that day,,,,reason for needing to vote early. And as I said those few should be mandated to be kept secret until released along with election day votes after the polls have closed.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2922 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / I Confess

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: