•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

I Confess

I Confess was a discussion we had in the early days of MysteyNet. I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see how it goes.

You can confess your truest feelings here or just everyday things.

We are here to listen, so confess away.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (200 previous messages)
Martha Dumas - 03:17pm Oct 23, 2008 PST(#201 of 3115)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

I'm looking, Fran. In response to the comment in your post about ACORN representatives registering felons where felons were not allowed to vote, I'd like to point out that it's not always that cut-and-dried.

Apparently the Alabama Constitution specifies that people who have been convicted of a crime of "moral turpitude" are not eligible to vote, but the Governor and Attorney General in that state could not agree on what crimes fell under that header. The Governor's list included over 400 crimes, including trespassing; the Attorney General's list only 70 felonies. The difference in potential voters according to those lists is in the tens of thousands. If the Governor and the Attorney General in a state cannot agree on who is eligible to vote in that state, I cannot expect that an outside organization attempting to help voters register will be able to eliminate all ineligible voters.

BabyMelany - 05:12pm Oct 23, 2008 PST(#202 of 3115)

well I found this: h++p://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/15/news_pf/State/Voter_fraud_charges_c.shtml which was sorta interesting among other things...

I confess, I got curiuous on Martha's post and started searching too....

BabyMelany - 05:15pm Oct 23, 2008 PST(#203 of 3115)

well I thought there was a big deal about ACORN being biased towards the democratic party.... in this article they "switched votersí party affiliation to Republican without their knowledge." i think this is related to the above article though.....sorry I'll stop posting artcles now :)

rubyj - 05:37pm Oct 23, 2008 PST(#204 of 3115)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

I confess this is all giving me a worserer headache...

Fran Hinkel - 06:33am Oct 24, 2008 PST(#205 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

BAM, that article said republican ballots were not being submitted, not that democratic votes were being changed to republican. Thanks for the link. I want to be fully informed on the issues and every little bit helps. If Acorn was really just helping people be able to vote, that would be wonderful. But, as far as what I can read and hear on TV, they are known for their tactics and if they are not directly responsible, they sure need some oversight.

They just announced today that the Vote From Home people who were allowing students to rent a place in Ohio just to be able to vote, has discarded those votes, avoiding a law suit. I don't know if this is part of ACORN or not. If not, then we have another organization that is tampering with votes. Is a fair vote too much for ask for in this country?

That's why I say get rid of these organizations to the extent that they actively pursue voters. Since so much fraud is involved, we just shouldn't let them be involved in that process, whether repulican based or democratic based. Just leave us alone and we, the people who do really care about who leads this country, can decide for ourselves!

Fran Hinkel - 06:34am Oct 24, 2008 PST(#206 of 3115)

Ruby, I hear you. I just want to know the truth of what is going on.

Fran Hinkel - 06:38am Oct 24, 2008 PST(#207 of 3115)

And to make it valid for me to be in here, LOL!

I Confess that I am always up by 5 AM. Today is the day my doctor was doing flu shots, starting at 8 AM. I slept until 8!!!! It figures. The one day I should be up, I oversleep. I was lucky though, I just threw some clothes on and went and I no sooner filled out the papers than they were ready to give me my shot. So, it's all good!

Fran Hinkel - 06:41am Oct 24, 2008 PST(#208 of 3115)

Breaking News: Acorn, now that it is being investigated in 11 states, today announced that 30% of the people that ACORN "tried to help register to vote" are fraudulent. That amounts to 400,000 potential voters! If that is not enough to throw an election, I don't know what is.

Fran Hinkel - 06:55am Oct 24, 2008 PST(#209 of 3115)

I Confess someone sent me this link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081023/ap_on_el_pr/early_voting

So, I guess it doesn't matter what qualifications a man has, what matters is the color of his skin. I am disgusted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081023/ap_on_el_pr/early_voting

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2906 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / I Confess

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: