•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

I Confess

I Confess was a discussion we had in the early days of MysteyNet. I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see how it goes.

You can confess your truest feelings here or just everyday things.

We are here to listen, so confess away.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (215 previous messages)
The Clueless One - 07:14am Oct 25, 2008 PST(#216 of 3115)
An error occurred while processing this directive.

((((Ze))))

Martha Dumas - 08:00am Oct 25, 2008 PST(#217 of 3115)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

(((Ze)))

Chris Wise - 09:57am Oct 25, 2008 PST(#218 of 3115)
Every day, do one thing that scares you.

Is there a more appropriate place on MN for lengthy political discussion?

I confess that while I think such discussions are important, this folder does not seem to be the forum.

Martha Dumas - 10:59am Oct 25, 2008 PST(#219 of 3115)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

(((Chris))) I confess that I should have suggested moving this discussion to either Debate or MN Times some time back.

bella wanella - 12:37pm Oct 25, 2008 PST(#220 of 3115)

Okay!!! sssoooo I confess I am ready to lock my grown son up in the basement until he starts making better choices!! I also confess I just do not "get" what has happened to our families and the law when you can buy a package of Divorce papers at Office Depot and do your own divorce papers "ONLINE"!!! Somebody sit me in a chair and put a cold rag on my head ... I don't feel so good!!!!

The Clueless One - 12:41pm Oct 25, 2008 PST(#221 of 3115)
An error occurred while processing this directive.

Well, I've noticed there's one of those ...for dummies books to deal with divorce...

BabyMelany - 09:00pm Oct 25, 2008 PST(#222 of 3115)

Sorry Fran, I didn't post the link that that the party affiliation was changed...here it is: h++p://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=4001

Towards the beginning it reads:

"ACORN said an employee it fired has falsely reported voter fraud to get back at the organization.

"He was terminated for a number of violations of ACORN rules. He wanted his job back, we wouldn’t give it to him," said Faith G@y. "He is trying to put the spotlight on the entity that fired him."

She said she was unaware of problems with registration forms turned in by its employees. The group registered 212,298 voters in Florida this year. It hired about 200 people as part of the registration drive.

Among problems that have been reported to the state:

3,000 photocopied registration forms were turned into Leon County elections officials. Most switched voters’ party affiliation to Republican without their knowledge.

Alachua County learned people had their party affiliation changed to Republican against their will. The problem was discovered in a batch of 1,200 forms turned in by one man. Each of the forms registered voters as Republican."

last post about it here....promise...but my subride took me here first :(

Fran Hinkel - 03:20am Oct 26, 2008 PST(#223 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I"m not understanding maybe, but switching the registration party affiliation would not matter because those people would still vote democrat when it was time to vote. I wonder what they feel the advantage was in that. My last word in here too - it's a sorry state of affairs when voting is tampered with, by anyone of any party. But what Acorn did was blatant fraud on a pretty grand scale and a lot of those voters voted the same day. Let's go on over to Debate if we have any more to say. Even though this is a general topic discussion, I can understand if anyone doesn't want to read about politics! Sorry, guys.

Bren - 05:57am Oct 26, 2008 PST(#224 of 3115)
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman--Virginia Woolf

I confess... I will be very glad when the election is over and friends stop trying to convince me to vote for "the other fellow"

Fran Hinkel - 07:30am Oct 27, 2008 PST(#225 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I Confess, I don't know if any of you had been following the story about Academy Award winning actress and AI contestant, Jennifer Hudson, whose mother and brother were found dead and her nephew missing. They have just located the car they were searching for and there is a body of a child in it, presumably, the nephew. Very sad.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2890 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / I Confess

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: