•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

I Confess

I Confess was a discussion we had in the early days of MysteyNet. I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see how it goes.

You can confess your truest feelings here or just everyday things.

We are here to listen, so confess away.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (231 previous messages)
bella wanella - 06:56am Oct 28, 2008 PST(#232 of 3115)

I confess I am not looking forward to Halloween this year ... with my 6 and 10 year old grandsons gone from the state it just won't be the same this time ... I have never had a Halloween without them since they were born. We are already dreading the Holidays ... isn't it funny just how much of Halloween is about the kids ... what sweet memories I have of them. *sob sob sniff sniff* I am making 15 year old Shannon probably her last costume ... She wants to be Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas so I have brightly colored fabric all over the place and trying to make up my own pattern for the patchwork dress. I am so thankful that she got to stay with us ... but at 15 she gets to decide who she lives with.

I confess I am sad ...

Martha Dumas - 08:29am Oct 28, 2008 PST(#233 of 3115)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

((((bella))))

_Jersey_Girl_ - 12:55pm Oct 28, 2008 PST(#234 of 3115)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

Maybe things "bug" us because bugs are such pests!

bella wanella - 03:03pm Oct 28, 2008 PST(#235 of 3115)

Weelll I know that I cannot stand snails/slugs ... YUCK! have you ever tried to get one off of you? I don't know about the rest of the world but here in the South we have great big old very fat slugs at least as big or bigger than a grown man's thumb, that slid along our yards, outside patios and walls .. do not sit at nightfall on the brick or cement driveway or porch ... they come to climb on the wramth of your body. I have had one fall off my capris to land on my leg and the slime was impossible to get off ... no amount of slinging or slapping at it would get it off and many times I have stepped on these fat slimeballs and at first you feel a cold yucky slime then you hear a loud pop and you freak out (well at least I do anyway!) and you will spend the next hour trying to scrap their slimy gooey sticky adhering slug bodies off of your foot!! eeeeeewwwwww ... if you want information from me or my secret recipes just tie me up and threaten to put snails/slugs on me ... I will turn in my own Momma!!!

Martha Dumas - 03:32pm Oct 28, 2008 PST(#236 of 3115)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

I confess we should all pitch in and get Bella some slug repellent.

The Clueless One - 03:35pm Oct 28, 2008 PST(#237 of 3115)
An error occurred while processing this directive.

Several crates worth, eh? :D

kirsten b - 05:46pm Oct 28, 2008 PST(#238 of 3115)

All you need is some salt. They will shrivel up. They like beer too. You can put some beer in a bowl and I guess they will go in and drown. I have stepped on them before, but never hard enough to squish. I felt it before I put my weight down.

Fran Hinkel - 03:13am Oct 29, 2008 PST(#239 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

We have slugs that come in the driveway, especially after it rains. I've never stepped on one and reading this, I'm glad. I knew they had some kind of slime because they leave a trail of it behind them. I didn't know it was all gooey and sticky though. Eww.

BabyMelany - 07:07pm Oct 29, 2008 PST(#240 of 3115)

I confess, Bella, I'm with you on how I feel about Halloween this year. I have the kids with me and all, but Dave won't be here to spend it with us. Even though he came down last weekend for my step-sister's wedding, there wasn't any time for pumpkin getting and carving and fun halloween stuff. This is the first year we didn't do Halloween stuff as a family and I just can't get into the mood. I haven't even put up our lights yet. It's just different when a part of your family isn't around to share it for the first time and I am sad too :(
but...again I confess, I won't tell anyone and I try to hide it, just don't think I am doing a good job of that :(

as for slugs and snails..i've seen one in my entire life. It was after a flood in our basement when I lived in the city and I was like 3 or 4. It was H-U-G-E and tried to stare me down if I recall correctly ;)

bella wanella - 07:28pm Oct 29, 2008 PST(#241 of 3115)

BabyM ... DO NOT make eye contact with a slug!!!!! They are E-vil ...

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2874 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / I Confess

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: