•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

I Confess

I Confess was a discussion we had in the early days of MysteyNet. I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see how it goes.

You can confess your truest feelings here or just everyday things.

We are here to listen, so confess away.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (292 previous messages)
Shelly Dee - 06:08pm Nov 6, 2008 PST(#293 of 3115)
Your value has nothing to do with your valuables.

I confess I cheer WT too!!!

For 8 years we've had to listen to people blast Bush for every move he has made even though the country "clearly decided" they wanted him for president...twice...and now a mere 2 days after BO gets in we are told to "get over it"??? I think not.

I confess it's our turn now...let free speech reign!!! WooHoo :-)

_Jersey_Girl_ - 06:35pm Nov 6, 2008 PST(#294 of 3115)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

I've been hearing for 8 years to "get over" the Florida chad problem, which oddly was only a problem in the state where Bush's brother was governor. I hear about it even though I never mention it. The country "clearly decided" they wanted Bush for the past 8 years, now they "clearly decided" they want Obama. How about we wait until BO gets into office and does something before we start freaking out? Maybe he'll mess up, maybe he won't. Maybe he'll actually be okay.

Shelly Dee - 08:03pm Nov 6, 2008 PST(#295 of 3115)
Your value has nothing to do with your valuables.

I confess I see no one "freaking out".

I also confess I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to freely express it without delay. There are legitimate concerns about an Obama presidency just as there were legitimate concerns about a McCain presidency, just as there were liegitimate complaints about the Bush presidency and the freedom to express those concerns and complaints is (at least for now) still protected under the First Amendment.

I confess WooHoo for the First Amendment!

rubyj - 08:08pm Nov 6, 2008 PST(#296 of 3115)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

I confess that I am glad the elections are over [well, most of them] and now we must look forward. I've lived long enough to hear many, many make promises and few have been able to deliver. I'm still proud of my country...just wish we were more united.
I confess...that it bums me out more that with so many of us telling those we elected do NOT go for the sell out, I mean bail out plan...they did anyway.
I confess it really, REALLY bums me out that those who write/edit our history books are chosing to re-write, leave out and sometimes flat out lie...telling the truth seems to have become the exception instead of the rule.

_Jersey_Girl_ - 08:17pm Nov 6, 2008 PST(#297 of 3115)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

LOL!! I like it!

White Tornado - 10:56pm Nov 6, 2008 PST(#298 of 3115)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

I confess first of all: Mulder, I got out of the Navy back in 86....before the really dramatic political events started to happen.

I confess as I turn 50 in a half hour or so........7 hours and 35 minutes or so if you go by time of birth.........everyone keeps hashing over 8 years, 8 years, 8 years.........but how many oldies remember it was ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!and the whole country celebrated for 35 days??????
(8@D)=======>

I confess.....thank you for the moral support (((( Spicy & Shelly )))) As an objective observer I have tried to be aware of the pos & negs on both sides. Shelly said it best....there are legitimate concerns regarding both as well as some great points and only time will tell.

I confess......lest anyone think I am not objective.........I wore my Bald Eagle shirt yesterday in respect of the process and its completion for another four years..........welllllllllll, three if you include the start of the next campaign trail.

Fran Hinkel - 05:24am Nov 7, 2008 PST(#299 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

(((((Bren))))), you know I love you, lady, but I have to agree with the posts by WT and Shelly and Spicy.

It also burns my behind to hear talk about not wanting Obama in because he is black. I'm just sick of hearing that from people. Obama's being black had nothing to do with my decision to proudly vote for John McCain. I think McCain is a man of outstanding character - now can that really be said of Obama? His associations with a bunch of radicals tells me otherwise. Did McCain have all the answers? No. Does Obama have all the answers? No. It also had nothing to do with who was a Republican and who was a Democrat. I vote for the man and have voted both parties in the past and voted for an Independent Governor (who won) in my home state. In this case, I stronly felt that Obama was not the right man. Will I get over it? Maybe eventually, but right now my heart is full of fear. Like others have said, we had to hear the Bush bashing for 8 years, so don't expect those who did not want to see Obama in office to just "get over it".

If Obama can turn this country around, solve everything he claims to be able to solve and leave me with enough money to still own my home and put food on my table, that will help me change my mind about him. Maybe then I can get over it.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2816 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / I Confess

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: