•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

I Confess

I Confess was a discussion we had in the early days of MysteyNet. I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see how it goes.

You can confess your truest feelings here or just everyday things.

We are here to listen, so confess away.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (97 previous messages)
White Tornado - 08:00pm Oct 3, 2008 PST(#98 of 3115)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

I confess.....I watched~~~~~~~and stopwatched! I couldn't believe number of times moderator warned Palin of time or started next question b4 Sarah finished statement so I started to keep time. Seems 1:30 may have been time limit. Twice Biden hit 1:50, several times was in 1:35-1:40 range....all w/o interruption or warning.
On other had did not get a read on Palin as she either finished statements well ahead of 1:30 or completed statements right at or near mark w/o being abrupt or further interruption.
I confess....as I got to work...local Rep pundit brought up stopwatch topic so I emailed my observations to him....don't know whether they aired or not.

I confess....Stevie, a man after my own WEWT heart.....good luck w/ the surprise. I just aided in setting up the Pastor's wife for her baby shower surprise.
Did I tell you about my reviving my clowning activities? Wish I had some magic, jugglin' and ventriloquism to add. Working on balloons and marionettes atm.

Fran Hinkel - 05:38am Oct 4, 2008 PST(#99 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Hmm, I never noticed that, WT.

I Confess, I think it was a toss up, which is very surprising, considering Biden's 30 years in Washington and his Chairmanship of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

I Confess, both candidates did their share of not specifically answering the question posed by the moderator. I think, to be fair, that each was responding to something the other said, which I would much rather see than have a moderator try to change direction before each one had a chance to answer allegations made by the other.

You can see the transcript here:

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/debates/transcripts/vice-presidential-debate.html

White Tornado - 06:27am Oct 5, 2008 PST(#100 of 3115)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

I confess I concur on two points you brought up, Fran which I also noted.....

Biden's stressing his 30+ years in DC~~~~~~~~How then does the ticket promote change when all you heard was this? And 3 seperate media outlets described Palin as folksy while many others used synonyms.

RE: not answering the direct question posed that was evident, esp the one regarding whether there was a campaign promise you felt you could not keep. Biden kept saying John McCain this and John McCain that w/o answering the specific question, yet, moderator Gwen only challenged Palin when she tried to sidestep~~~~~~go figure.

When I get time I'd like to check out transcript to see how valid my observations have been or if I M just venting some hot air. Choooo Chooooo

Bren - 04:17pm Oct 5, 2008 PST(#101 of 3115)
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman--Virginia Woolf

I confess, I'm thrilled to have learned today that the dr told my brother "its time we get you ready to go home" 3 months ago we were sure we'd lose him, and now he'll be going home as soon as possible.

He has a lot of PT to do before hand, it amazes me how much muscle tone you lose so fast. He has to build up the muscles and we are praying that his foot (which has started to drop from laying in bed so long) will come back. He is determined to come back as strong as he can, so I'm hoping he will be walking again in a few months. Woohooo!!!

rubyj - 06:41pm Oct 5, 2008 PST(#102 of 3115)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

echoing...WooHooo!

White Tornado - 10:16pm Oct 5, 2008 PST(#103 of 3115)

Kewl, Bren.....best wishes for brother.

Bren - 02:12am Oct 6, 2008 PST(#104 of 3115)
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman--Virginia Woolf

thanks guys,

I confess... I need some time off! These 6 days work weeks stink!

Fran Hinkel - 08:01am Oct 6, 2008 PST(#105 of 3115)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Bren, with all the stress you've been through, you could use some time off even if you weren't working 6 days. I'm so happy to hear Doug's latest news.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (3010 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / I Confess

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: