Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mysteries By Members  / Solve-it-Yourself and Puzzle Mysteries  /

THE CASE OF THE FUMBLING CICADA

Anthony Durrant - 07:45pm Sep 23, 2003 PST
Guest User

THE CASE OF THE FUMBLING CICADA

Zachary Taylor, the cybercat, was reading a letter sent to him by an old friend, Gerome Dempster, who was in jail for killing his master.

"My dear Zachary (it read):

"I am writing to you in hopes that you can clear my name. This ghastly affair begain two days ago when I found my master robbing the melon patch in which I was growing my prizewinning pink pumpkins. We argued; we argued loudly; then he drew a pistol. I tried to grab the pistol from him; we fought, then I grabbed the pistol. I was about to take it back into the house when a cicada landed on my hand and bit my wrist, causing me to pull the trigger and thereby fire the pistol - killing my master immediately. Shortly afterward, I was arrested and charged with the murder of my master and am now awaiting trial. I know they believe that I am guilty and that I deliberately murdered my master, but I am innocent. My dear old fellow, could you please help me get out of gaol?

Love, your old friend and former classmate,

Gerome Dempster."

Zachary leaned back on his haunches as he read his old friend's letter.

"Well, old buddy," he said, "it was a nice try, but I believe that you are definitely guilty as charged and should remain in gaol."

WHAT MADE ZACHARY SO CERTAIN? CAN YOU GUESS?

[D] SOLUTION (1 message)
 [D] The Case of the Fumbling Cicada Discussion (6 messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search Add DiscussionAdd Folder New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mysteries By Members  / Solve-it-Yourself and Puzzle Mysteries  / THE CASE OF THE FUMBLING CICADA

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: