•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  /

Strange Laws

Laws against feminine wiles? It's illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time?

Discuss laws that are outrageous, outdated, wasteful, ridiculous and just plain funny here!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (77 previous messages)
Marilyn Dickey - 09:16pm Oct 14, 1999 PST(#78 of 166)
This Too Shall Pass

Just Jen,

In Oxford, MS (Hotty Toddy!) What do you mean by Hotty Toddy????.

Pilgrim - 01:17pm Oct 18, 1999 PST(#79 of 166)

There is no Logan County in CA.

charlie bee - 11:15am Nov 14, 1999 PST(#80 of 166)

I'm not a 100% sure about the location of this law but I am pretty confident that it is New York.

You CAN eat peanuts whilst a orchestra is playing. You CAN walk backwards whilst the orhestra is playing. You CANNOT do both at the same time.

In England: when driving near puddles, it is illegal for drivers to splash pedestrians. they face a 1,000 fine if the pedestrian gets the licence plate number! There used to be a law that said that men could beat there wives with a stick as long as the stick was no wider than the width of their thumb. In 1649, oliver cromwell passed a law banning christmas.(many people who ignored the law were actually arrested!)

In paraguay, it is illegal to duel unless both participants are registered blood donors.

In new york, there is still a statute on the books that has never been repealed making it illegal for women to smoke in public! In kentucky, you are legally required to take at least one bath a year!

Chantel Dawn Lyngstad - 01:21pm Dec 11, 1999 PST(#81 of 166)
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious(or somthing like that!!)- Albert Einstein

It is illigial to cross the Minnesota border with a chicken on your head..

zooj - 03:22am Dec 16, 1999 PST(#82 of 166)
Just because I'm crazy doesn't mean that I'm not normal :o)

this law is enforced completely in one country and people are arrested if they don't obey it: women aren't allowed to drive at all.

stikeforce - 06:21pm Dec 17, 1999 PST(#83 of 166)
"It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

Charlie Bee: I agree with the splashing pedestrians law! As someone who has been on the receiving end of splashes DONE ON PURPOSE!!! also; those Portuguese duelers might as well bleed for a good cause. Let the blood go to someone who needs it, the ground don't.

Monkoo P'an-Ku - 07:18am Dec 19, 1999 PST(#84 of 166)
Show me a guy who is afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time - Lou Brock

Are there a lot of Portuguese in Paraguay?

charlie bee - 02:36am Jan 2, 2000 PST(#85 of 166)
life is for living

you can sue for false imprisonment if a security guard takes you to the store managers office and falsly accuses you of theft, even though it is his job to stop you

Kelly blancko - 06:38am Jan 3, 2000 PST(#86 of 166)

you can sue if the food in the restaurent you ate was poison or.

Kara W - 08:17pm Feb 6, 2000 PST(#87 of 166)

I'm not sure where this is (maybe Kentucky)....it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket. I can see why that's a problem.

S. Marsh - 09:57am Feb 24, 2000 PST(#88 of 166)

In Texas...it is a hanging offense to steal anothers horse

In Virginia...it is illegal to take a bath more than once a month in the winter and more than once every three weeks in the summer. It is also illegal for anyone to take a bath on Saturday and Sundy.

This isnt a law, but more of a police joke...In Knoxville TN, you can be pulled over for having anything relating to the University of Florida displayed in your vehicle

Sadie Nix - 02:55pm Mar 14, 2000 PST(#89 of 166)

My friend and I were reading in this book about funny laws and such, that it is illegal for the post master of a post office to shoot ducks in season or not!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (77 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Strange Laws

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: