•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  /

POST-n-SOLVE COMMENTS

This is the place to post any questions, comments or ideas about the Post-n-Solve section. You can also directly contact Eeva or eek meep

Please no chit-chat.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (270 previous messages)
DeeGee - 10:38am Oct 18, 2004 PST(#271 of 1096)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

I agree with Damia, mind you I should also point out, that I will probably be the first to mess it up ;o)

Joy Gold - 08:21am Oct 19, 2004 PST(#272 of 1096)

Looking forward to your new puzzle, Stevie!

I will be out of town tomorrow through Sunday and need to email someone solutions to 26 Letters and Word Square if they are not solved by tonight.

Stevie B - 08:51am Oct 19, 2004 PST(#273 of 1096)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

Joy, if no one else has volunteered, then you can send the solution(s) to Gerdje and/or myself

Joy Gold - 05:29pm Oct 19, 2004 PST(#274 of 1096)

Thank you, Stevie. You and Wondering kindly finished them today, so no need to email.

Stevie B - 05:15am Oct 22, 2004 PST(#275 of 1096)
"If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like" - Stevie B

Substitution, Insertion and Reduction (SIR) has been posted now - Have fun with it!

We'll let it run for a couple of weeks or so, then look to see about tidying up and clarifying the rules and header layout. At that time, we'll also see about writing the bit for Guidance as well.

If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions, etc about this game, then please speak up, as this is the best way to improve things

Atanua- 8^) - 05:21am Oct 22, 2004 PST(#276 of 1096)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

suggestion: I'd take out the variant of giving clues first. I think we have enough games already where this is relevant to the game. I'd focus SIR on the main idea.

Atanua- 8^) - 07:06am Oct 23, 2004 PST(#277 of 1096)

Another comment on SIR:

Eeva made the comment that the puzzles seems simple. So maybe we van suggest that in the beginning only complete guesses can be made?

Please tell us what you think about this post and the previous one.

Eeva - 09:00am Oct 23, 2004 PST(#278 of 1096)

I agree with Gerdje, the 'giving the clues' first is not necessary. Also, we could try 'The complete guesses'- thing although it may be quite difficult... also we could try giving the clues in a random order?

If we choose 'the complete guesses' should the host acknowledge the words which are correct although the whole solution isn't?

rb2112br - 10:38am Oct 23, 2004 PST(#279 of 1096)

The "complete guesses" should be whichever words are left to be solved. The host should acknowledge the words that are correct. It would take forever for someone to get all of them right on the same guess without knowing if any of the previous guesses were partially right.

Atanua- 8^) - 11:09am Oct 24, 2004 PST(#280 of 1096)

in puzzles like Before and After it is also encouraged to have complete guesses at first, but if one part of the guess is correct it is still acknowledged. So I guess it should be the same here.

spicy pepper - 11:37am Oct 24, 2004 PST(#281 of 1096)
"Come lay with me, stay with me, soon I'll be gone. I will remember you all winter long. And when I return to the one that I miss...oh the longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss" Josh Turner

well, that sounds good to me!

Atanua- 8^) - 05:37am Oct 25, 2004 PST(#282 of 1096)

Any comments on Eeva's idea to have the words in random order?

If they are in correct order, the number of words you can make is more limited. If they are in random order, there's more options and thus the puzzle can be more difficult.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (814 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Post-n-Solve  / POST-n-SOLVE COMMENTS

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: